Prix Dollar... and the price of fish

SteveM

At the Start
Don’t forget to have what you like on Famous Name in the Prix Dollar and, of course, double it all up on Fame And Glory in the Arc... You’ll probably see a theme emerging here.

I’m off to gay Paree shortly for the wine, fast women, slow horses and song, back some time next week... it’s a tough job but someone has to do it!

Hope to see one or two of you about the place.

Be lucky and avoid dodgy favourites... The gravy train beckons.

I'd want to be against Famous Name on the likely going. The problem is that Gris de Gris probably hates it as much. An then anyone wading into the Godolphin horse is braver than me.

Tough race.

Pipedreamer and some Lemaire magic?

Last edited:
I'd want to be against Famous Name on the likely going. The problem is that Gris de Gris probably hates it as much. An then anyone wading into the Godolphin horse is braver than me.

Tough race.

Pipedreamer and some Lemaire magic?

He didn't have the benefit of Lemaire, but he did it anyway.

Well called Betsmate.

By the way, Pipedreamer is entered in the Tatts horses in training sale in Nov.

....and will probably be withdrawn now!

All I can say with regards to the opening post of this thread is ouch

Steve's at the Gare du Nord as we speak, apparently telling anyone prepared to listen that given a stronger pace and a little more give in the ground "Fame" represents serious value in the Breeders' Cup to turn the form round with Sea The Stars. Letter to the Racing Post to follow.

Good choice, the Gare du Nord - I understand that the customers are quite kind to suddenly-impoverished Englishmen, so his flat cap should be filling up nicely. Why, he might even be able to afford the ferry back by the end of the week!

:p
I’ve had more successful betting coups I have to admit… got heavily pummelled both on and off course (serves me right). Wouldn’t have it any other way though… STS majestic in victory. Privilege to be there. Paris in the evening finished up my remaining euros. Worth every cent! ...milk (rather than gravy) train back.

…so I’m not looking for sympathy, donations on the other hand would be very gratefully received (…I’m not too proud, believe me!).

Last edited:
:p
I’ve had more successful betting coups I have to admit… got heavily pummelled both on and off course (serves me right). Wouldn’t have it any other way though… STS majestic in victory. Privilege to be there. Paris in the evening finished up my remaining euros. Worth every cent! ...milk (rather than gravy) train back.

…so I’m not looking for sympathy, donations on the other hand would be very gratefully received (…I’m not too proud, believe me!).

At least I did not have time to write a reply to the RP :lol:

Way to go Steve! We've all had our mad punting moments
Win or lose I envy anyone who was there on the day, memories to treasure for a lifetime

Way to go Steve! We've all had our mad punting moments
Win or lose I envy anyone who was there on the day, memories to treasure for a lifetime

Thanks Headstrong... although I didn't consider a rather large on course place bet on Fame And Glory to be too "mad" at the time. :(

Back