1 handsome maestro (ire) SLIM CHIBOUB D. SMAGA
2 irian ger GESTUT SCHLENDERHAN J. HIRSCHBERGER
3 Indomito GER M.PS. LIDER RACING STABLES P. VOVCENKO
4 westphalia ire M.TABOR/D.SMITH/MME J.MAGNIER AP. O'BRIEN
5 lord shanakill usa MOGEELY STUD & MARK T. GITTIN KR. BURKE
6 calvados blues MALCOLM PARRISH P. DEMERCASTEL
7 feels all right ire PEGASUS FARMS LTD E. LIBAUD
8 milanais DAVID T. SMITH A. CHAILLE-CHAILLE
9 oiseau de feu usa BERNARD WEILL JC. ROUGET (S)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
It's a curious Group 1 this now, isn't it? As if 3yo milers haven't had enough chances at a big prize already this season.

Couldn't trust Westphalia to get his head in front. Will be interested to see how Lord Shanakill runs after his apparent bounce back to form in the SJP.

What do our German contingent make of Irian? Certainly looks to have a shot.

Last year's renewal was fantastic, and I was looking forward to this year's but think as good a miling crop as we had last year, this year's (Sea the Stars aside) is well below average, and quite uninspiring.

Lord Shanakill should be hard to beat.

Jimmy Fortune rides Westphalia who has first time blinkers.

Last edited:
Feels All Right could be interesting at a big price. Difficult to see Oiseau de Feu out of the placings.

Irian´s form very hard to assess, but has done nothing wrong so far and improving all the time. certainly highly regarded in his yard. trainer looks set to win German Derby on sunday, so could have a European Double :)

Will have french jockey on board as far as I am aware, certainly a plus. but as I said, hard to assess, and mixed messages from 3-year-olds running against olders over here, so hard to say how good the current crop is.

Last edited:
Good run from Lord Shanakill, fought all the way to the line. Is that Karl Burke's first Group 1?

Horrible run from Westphalia, never settled at any point in the race

Don't understand why they put blinkers on him dropping him down in trip if they weren't going to bounce out and try and make all.

Back