Prix Morny and Prix Jean-Romanet

betsmate

At the Start
Both Group 1, neither of them big fields, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Alpine Rose out in the latter.

Aftertiming and I didn't bother myself but 11/2 this morning was absurd given you would have got a profit for coming 2nd.

If they managed to get Lady Marion back to her best well then that was a decent effort from the winner if she won snuggly as you suggest.

photor1c5_20090823.jpg

From the RP:

Winning trainer Alain de Royer-Dupre said: "It was a creditable performance as she did not have her ground and came into season 48-hours ago but we had no option but to come here.

"There is good scope for improvement and she could go for the Prix Vermeille next. She is in the Arc or could go for the Prix de l'Opera later in the season."

Saeed Bin Suroor, trainer of Lady Marian, said: "She has run a good race and this will be her last run here. I have been happy with her work at home and I thought she would go close. She could go for a second Prix de l'Opera. "

Has anyone seen the time on the Morny very very fast maybe CC ran to form was just beaten by better animals. Special Duty will be very hard to beat in the cheveley park. I think time will show the first 3 are all very good horses

The odd thing about the Morny was how all five finished in a heap . The Hannons don't think CC was right and are having him scoped and there is no doubt he did not pick up as he did at Ascot .

The ground ("Good", honest!) must have been lightning fast for the entire field to break the course record by so much.

The odd thing about the Morny was how all five finished in a heap . The Hannons don't think CC was right and are having him scoped and there is no doubt he did not pick up as he did at Ascot .

I've seen the race a few times. It doesn't sit quite right with me either. This was obviously a very good standard, but I'd be careful about taking the time at face value (perhaps they moved something?).

I've hand timed the race at 1.07.78. My hand times are usually 0.3 secs slower than electronic times. I'd be amazed if they've run the full distance.

If they have run the full distance that may explain why canford could not accelerate like he did in the coventry burnt himself out travelling at that pace.

Back