Problem With Don't Push It ?

From RP:

JONJO O'NEILL has warned that Don't Push It, ante-post favourite for Saturday's Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham, might not run after developing a problem.

The JP McManus-owned seven-year-old was cut on Wednesday to 7-2 (from 4) by the sponsors as well as Totesport, VCbet, Stan James and Boylesports.

O'Neill, speaking at Bangor on Wednesday, said that the horse had worked well in the morning, but that he had subsequently been told that all was not well.

"I will know a lot more tomorrow morning," he added.

Drifted from 5-1 out to 25-1 on 'the machine' shortly before the announcement. Uncanny, it's almost as though somebody knew.

The horse is lame. The journo who wrote the piece wasn't anywhere near Bangor today and didn't speak to Jonjo who said the horse was slightly lame, he would see how he is in the morning before making a decision but that he was very likely not to run on Saturday.

ANTE-POST favourite Don't Push It will miss Saturday's Paddy Power Gold Cup.

The JP McManus-owned seven-year-old developed a problem after working well on Wednesday morning.

Trainer Jonjo O'Neill said: "Don't Push It misses the Paddy Power as he was found to be lame behind this morning (Thursday)."

Chap arse just saying that L'Antartique has been smashed into. i think maybe there replacing a 2nd favourite with the non runner Dont Push It and cutting him? not down to any weight of money?

L'Antartique was always going to shorten - he was the obvious one to get on at the 7/1. Last night the betting was [roughly] 9/2 Don't Push It, 9/2 Abragante, 5/1 Granit Jack, 7/1 L'Antartique. Given that Don't Push It doesn't run and the next two are unlikely to get in, it was pretty obvious that L'Antartique would shorten dramatically. That will have been partly down to the bookmakers but also partly because plenty of people could see how the betting was likely to pan out so got on at the 7/1 whilst it was still there.

In all fairness, I reckon plenty of people were falling over themselves to get on at the 7/1 - whether they did or not is another matter! I did :D

Back