Punchestown Friday

Guest_

At the Start
Two nice performances from Willie Mullins chasers today...Scotsirish and Arbor Supreme. The Durkan Chase looks an obvious target for Scotsirish next season and it will give us an ideal of his class level...closed up on the leader in good style today.

Arbor Supreme is a horrible jumper but one with a big engine, no surprise to see him land a big staying handicap next season.

Also Tranquil Sea another bow to what looks a heck of a chasing team next season for the Irish novice chasers. Lord knows we need a good bunch when you see how the Brits are running riot with the big pots here (which is good to see in that they deserve to do well for having the balls to come over to Ireland when so many British trainers ignore it).

I am not name dropping... OK, I am, but it may be interesting for some, and absolutley nauseating for others ie. An Capall. I have recently been putting together a website for Julia Tooth. Her father as many of you may know is Raymond Tooth, a big owner. Julia went to Punchestown to represent her father on Friday and with Punjabi/Nicky Henderson they won the ACC Bank Champion Hurdle. :clap: A great win for Nicky and for Raymond. The Cup they won is evidently massive and I am hoping to be able to go and see (and touch it) it at Julia's before it goes to London. There are some fantastic photos of Punjabi at Punchestown on www.healyracing.ie . A great website with some great photos.

Back