Punchestown

SteveM

At the Start
Looking forward to the racing at Punchestown as much as the Open at Cheltenham. Racing goes ahead today. Although it is heavy now looks like it will escape most of the rain due tonight. Gale force winds moving east, so reason to be hopeful for tomorrow as well.

Looking forward to the Grade 1 Hurdle and Grade 2 and 3 Chases at Punchestown tomorrow. Plus the Cheltenham card... life doesn't seem all that bad despite the weather.

Was looking forward to all that - until asked if I'd pinch-hit at Fontwell tomorrow! Life won't seem all that bad, weather or not, as I'll be in the Food & Drink marquee, which I shall attempt to empty single-handedly, with Josh Gifford doing a book-signing in there. Hopefully a chance for a small chat with him.

Was looking forward to all that - until asked if I'd pinch-hit at Fontwell tomorrow! Life won't seem all that bad, weather or not, as I'll be in the Food & Drink marquee, which I shall attempt to empty single-handedly, with Josh Gifford doing a book-signing in there. Hopefully a chance for a small chat with him.

...each to their own kri. :)

Top class racing at Punchestown tomorrow - will be good to see The Hurricane back in action :)

Also excited for a certain superstar 4yo over the channel hopefully extending his winning run - or failing that a good win for the gorgeous filly Rochdale :)

Think Jered over 2m4f in heavy ground has to be taken on at his 6/4 price. He will probably skate in but once again Noel Meade has me at a loss with the placing of his horses. Money for Venalmar could be interesting as he was very weak in the market on his chasing debut and if it was just fitness that was the concern he could be a different proposition now. Citizen Vic is another to keep on the right side of.

Think Jered over 2m4f in heavy ground has to be taken on at his 6/4 price. He will probably skate in but once again Noel Meade has me at a loss with the placing of his horses. Money for Venalmar could be interesting as he was very weak in the market on his chasing debut and if it was just fitness that was the concern he could be a different proposition now. Citizen Vic is another to keep on the right side of.

Needless to say Jered goes and skates in....Noel Meade knows best!!!

Venalmar is a sad sight to see now. Some desperate running in behind the placed horses.

Is MICK THE MAN out of the fence yet? Missed everything, apart from the sound of drumming hooves past the marquee - aaargh! Mmmm... came home with two huge sugary waffles and some lovely Hampshire honey from, I was assured, 'British bees' - none of those darned Polish ones taking our bees' livelihoods, what-what! Tried the chicken satay and sticky rice on offer, but it was deeply disappointing. Never mind - Plumpton tomorrow, and Alice's Noodle Bar will serve me the best chook satay with masses of rice for hometime!

Back