Punjabi

Colin Phillips

At the Start
Runs in a 12 furlong handicap, at Newmarket 4.40 today, off a mark of 75.

Didn't show that much in a previous career on the flat for Geraldine Rees but has surely improved.

Not sure he didn't show much for Geraldine Rees. 3 wins in a progressive 3-y-o career was enough to persuade Henderson to shell out 42,000 guineas for him. He needs to win by a long way today to go up sufficiently in the weights for some of the valuable mile and a half events. Next stop the Duke of Edinburgh Stakes at Royal Ascot after a seven-length win today?

Good to see Mad Rush back on track too. His seconds to Greek Envoy and Hi Calypso looked far better come the end of the season than they did at the time.

Agreed to a point, David, but he must have improved somewhat, surely?

I wasn't dissing Ms. Rees as a trainer, by the way, I haven't any strong views on that point.

Yes Colin. I think he's definitely improved. But it's his progressive profile, on the Flat that makes me think he should be able to so well back in this sphere and that his level of form over jumps isn't just down to 8 flights on hurdles. Henderson is obviously a superior trainer to Geraldine Rees too.

Back