Quick Question

Melendez

At the Start
Had a few quid on Etxalir in the 2.20 with PP who have already paid out (dq wrong course). Will they sneak it back in the middle of the night or leave it alone?

Looks like they could take it back if they wanted to:

DOUBLE RESULT:
Double Result is only applicable to horse racing in Ireland and the U.K., unless otherwise advertised. Double Result means if your horse is ‘First Past The Post’ you get paid, however, should your horse be awarded the race or promoted to a place, as a result of a Stewards Enquiry or Objection which is announced before the ‘weigh in’ or ‘winner alright’, we will still pay you.

Double Result does not apply to the following bets or circumstances:-

a. All Ante-Post bets.

b. Forecasts and Tricasts.

c. Bets which rely on Tote Dividends ie Jackpots, Placepots etc which are settled Rules of Racing.

d. Horse ‘Match betting’, ‘Distance Specials’ or ‘Betting Without’ races which are settled as to the respective conditions detailed in these rules.

e. Any horse disqualified for taking the wrong course or for carrying an incorrect weight.

f. Races which are declared void.

g. Where there is an official correction to the result by the judge or SIS prior to the ‘weigh in’ and any races which are declared void before the ‘weigh in’ for which Rules of Racing will apply.

h. All bets on horse racing outside of Ireland and the U.K. are settled on a Rules Of Racing basis only.

Yep, I know they are entitled to, but will they? Its a tidy little sum so I'd rather keep it, but I don't like to withdraw it and stay in hiding as it would be cheating since I know it really is a losing bet.

Last edited:
Depends how much it'll cost them overall I'd guess, Vs a few column inches and a splash on their website!

PP would have been well within their rights to take the money back but I read in today's RP that they are paying-out anyway. Credit to them for that and to Mel for doing the honorable thing.

I thought PP had a policy of paying out under these circumstances? They make publicity capital out of doing so of course, but then if they do, why shouldn't they advertise themselves?

Does anyone else find that the amount of gimmicks an internet bookmaker offers is inversely proportional to how easy it is to get a bet on with them?

Any news Melendez, did they take their money back?

No, and to be fair they didn't even make a song or dance of it. No self congratulatory emails or splashed on the website. This is the first time I've ever really benefited from a bookmakers generosity. Well done them.

Of course they'll get it back in spades in the long run.

Does anyone else find that the amount of gimmicks an internet bookmaker offers is inversely proportional to how easy it is to get a bet on with them?

Yes - all the time. You can all draw your own conclusions as to whether or not it is possible to get a bet on with Baldy Fred....

Back