Racecards

bigfow

At the Start
Hi
I don`t know if this is the best place for this, i collect racecards as a hobby and i was looking for a place where you can buy them in bulk to sell on (like kauto stars last king george). I see people selling them on ebay as singles when they clearly have many. Any ideas?

You do realize that collecting racecards as a hobby and buying racecards in bulk with a view to selling them on at a profit are two entirely different things, don't you?

You could try phoning up or e-mailing the Accounts Dept of the racecourse whose meeting you're interested in, asking if they have any left over, and what sort of deal they'll give you. However, for the premier meetings, there are generally very few left unissued, so there mightn't be too many of those available. You could give it a go, though.

You do realize that collecting racecards as a hobby and buying racecards in bulk with a view to selling them on at a profit are two entirely different things, don't you?

Yes i have about 900 at the moment, but i see other collectors selling cards on ebay and it`s the same cards from the same meeting they sell all the time. I thought it could be a good way to make some money to buy for my collection.

Hmm... let's see...

SANDOWN PARK: 20 Feb 2009, the distinctly different KILBRITTAIN CASTLE Novices' Steeplechase (Grade 2)
6 March - Grand Military Gold Cup Day
7 March - Imperial Cup Day
24 April - Gold Cup Meeting
25 April - Gold Cup Meeting, featuring THE Gold Cup and a nice potted history
4 July - Coral-Eclipse Day - featuring nice photos of all the contenders and their pedigrees

EPSOM - Spring Meeting 22 April, with special souvenir r/c to celebrate the opening of the Duchess's Stand (and Class 2 action)
5 June - Ladies' Day, Coronation Cup with full pedigrees, etc.
6 June - the biggie, including super Roll of Honour
3 October - only Class 3 stuff, but does include the full Cambridgeshire card from Newmarket.

ASCOT - 9 May, Victoria Cup Day

GOODWOOD - 29 July, the Sussex Stakes featuring RVW himself

CHELTENHAM - 13 March. Oh, yes! Itself - the superb Gold Cup.

What shall we start at? Do I hear £5,000? (P&P inc., of course.)

Tell you what: I'll throw in a must-have '20 Years of All Weather Racing' commemorative from Lingfield if you buy the lot. Bargain, or what?

Last edited:
Back