Racing Petition - not sure if any one is interested in signing...

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

...but if you are.....
Courtesy of the ROA
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]DOWNING STREET PETITION OVER BBC RACING CUTS GATHERS PACE[/FONT]
The number of names on the Downing Street petition protesting about the BBC's proposed cuts in its racing coverage topped 1,000 on Friday afternoon.
The petition is the second fastest growing of those placed in the past fortnight on the Prime Minister's website.
Great Leighs spokeswoman Pippa Cuckson, who submitted the BBC petition, which is live until April 2, hopes it will prick the conscience of both the broadcaster and national newspapers, to give the Racing Post-led campaign further clout.
There is a link on the facebook.com page of Rosie Cross, established by BetfairClub ROA, and for whom Rosie Cross ran. The Eve Johnson-Houghton-trained mare has more than 1,600 friends, dozens of whom have signed the petition.
To add your name to the petition, click here [/FONT]
[/FONT]

1,000 people. That's a fantastic effort. Well done to all that have signed. How much of a percentage is that of people that pay for a TV licence?

Governments will absorb peititions and peaceful demos. Makes no differrence.

Riots

But be prepared to pay the consequences,

From
Peterloo, to Toxteth, to Windsor?

Im sure it does honeybun, but I cant open it for some reason - whats it about?? (well, I have an idea its about racing on tv, but other than that!!)

Page won't load Rory, what's it say?

I thought I'd given this link earlier in the week, on the BBC thread - maybe I didn't get round to posting it on TH! anyway well done to all who signed

PS Jump Racing Focus which appears annually has a lot of interesting figures each year about attendance, viewing figures, racecourse profitability and the like: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jump+racing+focus+&ie=utf-8

The 2006 edition if you can find that one online has particularly relevant figures from the survey which was done by iirc Touche Deloitte on 'participation' in different sports - see pages 15 and 16 of that edition.

Last edited:
Problem is I am not sure I want racing to continue on BBC! I know the benefit of it but tracks like Goodwood etc have hardly suffered in terms of sponsorship etc since moving to C4.

OK: So you can sign one petition this week. 5 Choices.

1. Stop killing babies on the Gaza Strip.
2. Get the UN into The Congo quick before the real killing starts.
3. Tar and Feather the Bankers.
4. Lets not lose Willie Carson from Saturday afternoons.
5. Free the Chinese Political Prisoners.

No contest. Free Willie.

Back