Midnight Cruiser (IRE)Dane O'Neill
Red SpiderJimmy Fortune
Rising ProspectP. J. McDonald
Roman Glory (IRE)Robert Winston
Set Sail (IRE)Sean Levey
Skanky Biscuit
Sri PutraPhilip Robinson
Weald Park (USA)Pat Dobbs

I was very impressed by Jukebox Jury in the Royal lodge. Maybe a suspicion he's not an easy ride but stuck it out well despite making things hard for himself. For me that is already the best form in the race and there is a possibility he could be a bit better than the bare form.

Very poor run from Masterofthehorse, well beaten and beaten early - Jukebox Jury not quite good enough. The winner looks a very nice prospect indeed though at this point I'd fancy him more for the Derby than the Guineas

Derby horse, but good enough to win a guineas,
I backed the runner up, the form is solid and the winner has scope, the slight negative is the trainer.

I wouldn't touch any of the runners in today's race for next season's classics tbh. The winner looked spectacular but the race was an unsatisfactory affair. The runner up looks a total pig in the making imo.

Timeform were impressed with Crowded House anyway, giving him a 124p which makes him the best 2yo seen out this year.

From sportinglife:

Timeform rate Saturday's Racing Post Trophy winner Crowded House the best two-year-old seen out in Britain and Ireland this year.
They have given Brian Meehan's charge a rating of 124p following his Doncaster win, the best seen in the Racing Post Trophy since Celtic Swing's romp in 1994.
He goes into winter quarters with a higher rating than High Chaparral, Motivator and Authorized who all went on to win the Epsom Derby having landed the final Group One of the British season.
Timeform spokesman Kieran Packman commented "We were mightily impressed with Crowded House's win. The turn of foot he unleashed when extricated from the pack was exceptional and our reporter described him as 'awesome' when in full flow.
"One with his powerful build will surely be as good if not better as a three-year-old and we have no doubt he is of classic potential.
"The Derby is apparently at the forefront of connections' mind, with good reason on pedigree, but Saturday's performance was, in our opinion, at least as much in the mould of a Guineas winner."

Back