Racing Post

firstpastthepost

At the Start
anyone get any pull outs from the racing post last year were they any good? they have one tomorrow for the queen mother champion chase but i dunno weather to get it or not.

I found them interesting but at this stage it's hard to make a lot of sense of it all in terms of comparisons, as inevitably quite a few of the horses won't run. You might learn as much reading the thread on here etc etc!

I think the QM has been done to death on the forums since Twist Magic's shock reversal.

Presumably a lot of the pull out will be a promotion of the awful Tom Segal (Pricewise), and the other so called "experts" whose profit/loss records are significant by their absence.

I would save your £1.50 mate and stick in the roulette machine at the local bookies - more chance of a long term profit there than following Segal's tips.

I'm not a big fan of Tom Segal, but his Festival Pricewise is massively in profit over the last few years, despite Useful suggesting otherwise.

I stand corrected. However as a general rule of thumb I find Segal to be a poor tipster. But as the RP refuse to print his record none of us know his overall record.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Jan 29 2008, 08:40 AM
At a price of £1.40?
Crikey, that's the second time in a few days that I've had to point out that the RP has been £1.50 now for a long time, £1.60 at weekends! I take it thses people are too rich to know how much they are paying for the paper, if they are buying it daily? :P

Did you not notice the question mark, Shads?

Whether it be £1.40 or £ 1.50, it ain't going to break the bank if you want to find out how good are the pull-outs.

Of course I did - but the question mark wasn't asking the cost, was it? It was asking whether it was worth spending £1.40, any way you read it. (or rather, speculating that it was only £1.40 that you had to spend to find out)

Back