RACING, RACING, EVERYWHERE AND NOT A TRACKER IN SIGHT

barjon

Rookie
It’s been very thin gruel lately and so it is tomorrow. No tracker, so I should really just go and mow the lawn or something. Hang on, though, what about Live In The Dream - 1:50 Haydock? Ran a decent race in second to Kerdos when he wasn’t fully tuned up. Desert’s put him in the should be odds on thread and he will be, I think. If I can snatch evens somewhere it’d be good.

I couldn't have asked for better. Live In The Dream missed the break by half a beat today, I think that was because the horse next to him was playing up, and he's done everything I wanted to see today. He's having a nice blow and he's going to be a superstar this year. All of those had had runs and the winner is nice. We go to the Coral Charge, we don't go to Ascot because it's too stiff for him. He's performed well at Sandown, it's our home track and he can get some confidence there before he heads into bigger things - Adam West, trainer.

The John Of Gaunt looks as though it might be a nice race and I could make a case for several, but I’ll take a chance with Pogo even though Hill’s horses aren’t setting the world on fire at the moment.

Nothing else catches the eye at the moment, but I’ll be interested to see how the market treats Louis Quatorze - 5:20 Haydock - on his handicap debut.

Looks like the lawn wins. :)

Last edited:
Would worry that Live In The Dream drops into lstd class for this,suggests it's just another prep race.
I'll swerve him with Believing (5/1) who was thought good enough to contest a much superior sprint in Hong Kong lto.

You were dead right, reet. The run was too bad to be true

Pogo gave it a good go and was only just run out of it.

Pogo, winner of this race two years ago and only just beaten in a Listed contest back her last month, edged to the front in good time but couldn't quite see it out. This was a fine performance as he fared best of those who raced at the sharp end from the off.RP

Louis Quatorze -
never featured and never looked like it.

Back