Racing Today

Guest_

At the Start
At Wincanton:

Think I will take on Katchit with the Henderson mare Amaretto Rose. Wincanton (feel free to correct me) strikes me as a pretty sharp 2 miles which shouldn't really suit the King horse where as Amaretto Rose looks pacey enough. Granted she is having her first run of the season but if she is to go to Cheltenham she'll need to be sharp enough for this.

Blythe Knight is another interesting one in this.

At Haydock:

Philson Run interests me in the Vodka Gold Cup Handicap Chase ..think he should go well. Point Barrow is a frustrating horse, can never pick him on his going days though this is the time of year that he does best.

While as discussed elsewhere Witchita Lineman has to win todayif he is to be competitive with ID in the World Hurdle.

The Wincanton race looks a watching one to me, but it'll be fascinating to see how a fresh Blythe Knight gets on against Katchit on a speed course, adn of course it's nice to see the return of Amaretto Rose in time to take a champion Hurdle trial in. Katchit would be the one if I was pushed simply beacause there are less doubts about him right now, but I won't play.

In the Red Sqaure Gold Cup I fancy L'aventure to run a big race. she's done well in it in the past, she's slipped to handy mark, and there's a handy claim coming off too. I also like Huka Lodge off bottom weight. His course form is a stone better than anywhere else and he's overpriced in my opinion even though he's a couple of pounds out of the handicap. If I were playing the combo tricast Blue Splash and Geeveem would be the others I'd throw in.

Presumably everyone must be at the races today. Two or three really good cards and the last time i looked there were four people on the forum :what:

Deffo. I was tempted by Haydock but not quite enough. For me to go there the racing has to be of sufficient quality for me to put up with all the tossers who go. I`ve been maybe half a dozen times in the last ten years.

Some good racing today. Some for watching and some competitive ideal for punting.

I'm on Idle Talk 2.45(thanks Pricewise) but not large. Also like Kings Revenge at Ascot 1.50. where Helen's Vision 3.35 also appeals.

Outrageous bet of the day is Heraldry in the 2.10 at Haydock.Regal Approach at Uttox is overpriced

Was I imagining it just now during the coverage of Tasbar's race, or has the BBC added fake crowd noise to its repertoire of sound effects, alongside the fake hoofbeats? :eek:

I always seem to do better when I don't post any selections on a Saturday, last week I was working all afternoon and ended up with a tidy profit.

So be warned, but I've done Khasab Ascot 1.50, Irish Raptor 2.45 Haydock and Preacher Boy 3.10 Wincanton.

So that's the three to avoid today.

Originally posted by vixen@Feb 16 2008, 01:46 PM
Was I imagining it just now during the coverage of Tasbar's race, or has the BBC added fake crowd noise to its repertoire of sound effects, alongside the fake hoofbeats?
No, you weren't imagining it, the crowd seemed to be cheering like mad when the fifth horse passed the post!

Angus Loughran has pawned the effects mikes to help pay his council tax.

Got 13/1+ on Regal Approach and laid of at 2.5. Also laid off Kings revenge in running. Shame Regal Approach didn't get a place. Albeit small a profit so far.

Originally posted by vixen@Feb 16 2008, 01:46 PM
Was I imagining it just now during the coverage of Tasbar's race, or has the BBC added fake crowd noise to its repertoire of sound effects, alongside the fake hoofbeats? :eek:
The did the same as the exited the back straight at Gowran. Ridiculous.

Kasbah Bliss was pretty impressive I thought....finally confirming past promises? Dont know what to make of WL....surely a pair of visors couldnt do any harm.

Read on another forum this morning from someone close to the yard that she wasn't at all ready today, but I don't think they were expecting a run as poor as that. She has had serious problems and clearly isn't anywhere near over them.

I didn't come on the forum all day as there was just too much form to read...
I did go on a couple of others and got some good info quickly, but on such a busy Saturday it's really hard to take in general chat - it's difficult enough to go from race to race!

I tend to come on here early doors when there is a big Irish meeting, not so often otherwise
Gowran etc were big enough today - but I concentrated on the Brit NH meetings

Mick Fitzgerald pulled her up pretty quickly. I waited round to see how she looked and she came back at a steady canter and looked (to me) sound. As many of you know, Mick Fitzgerald looks after his horses to the absolute 9th degree and obviously felt something was amiss. Let's hope it isn't anything too serious. She really is a stunning looking mare.

I think their main concern is to get her safe to the paddocks, and winning another race would be a bonus but isn't top of the agenda. My bet woudlb e that she will go off now to be covered in good time this year rather than going to Cheltenham

Courtesy of The Racing Post:

Henderson considering another run for Amaretto Rose

by Anita Chambers

NICKY HENDERSON is mulling plans for Amaretto Rose after the mare was pulled up on her seasonal bow at Wincanton.

The seven-year-old was having her first start since last March in the Bathwick Tyres Kingwell Hurdle won by Katchit on Saturday.

Henderson had been hoping the 2m contest would be a perfect springboard for the Cheltenham Festival, but is now considering another run before looking at the Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle.

"She seems absolutely fine and I'm none the wiser about what happened," he said.
"Mick (Fitzgerald) felt she had gone lame and pulled her up accordingly but she came back fine on Monday morning.

"What we do next, I don't really know. That was the last of the realistic hurdle trials.

"We might have a look at the two-and-a-half-mile race at Fontwell but I didn't really want to go for the National Spirit over that trip with her.

"(Cheltenham) is what she's here for so we will see."

Amaretto Rose is a general 25-1 shot for the Champion Hurdle.

Not the greatest photos (sorry :shy: ) due to where I was stood, but she really did look well yesterday. I hope we soon see her back on the track.

BATHWICKTYRESSPONSOREDRACEDAYATW-2.jpg

BATHWICKTYRESSPONSOREDRACEDAYATW-1.jpg

Back