Racing Today

Guest_

At the Start
Some good stuff today over both codes.

Starting with the flat, in the Derby trial the Gosden horse (Centennial) sets a good standard and the yard is in cracking form but he is a little short for me and he could be worth taking on with Feared In Flight who should relish this sort of trip.

Medicine Path turns out again in the mile race and he looks the one as he is likely to find more improvement on his encouraging win last time. Its interesting that Don't Panic does not challenge him again today.

Over jumps..in the Betfred Chase something like Burntoakboy could run a big race at a decent price.

At Punchestown I'll take on the Cheltenham winner in the first with Headsontheground....gets a nice bit of weight from his stablemate and that could just swing it for me.

In the staying chase on the card Chelsea Harbour should have conditions to suit on a track that he has won on before.

I think Franchoek is a lay.........

Top Card today on both sides of the sea.....Im prepared to give backboard another chance in the handicap hurdle, think he need to go right handed to be at his best. Whitbread, I think Monkerhostin or My Immortal will run better than their price suggest. Main fancy for the race is Lothian Falcon. Derek's horse will be there or thereabouts, not sure what he will find off the bridle though, didnt mind an awful lot last time. Also Royal County Star dosent jump well enough imo. On the flat, Jambroetta in the last at Sandown and City Stable at Leic. I think Centennial will be very hard to beat, price reflects that.

In Punchestown, I like Barker a lot, think there is more to come. Heavenly Blues is the other one I like in the race.and beautiful vision in the Taffe Chase...

GL to all who play!

Rob Roy should win the mile if he's anywhere near his best, shouldn't he? I've had a little on him.

The Gladness form was boosted when Captain Marvelous and Major Cadeaux won within a few minutes of each other.
Major Cadeaux could do well in America if he is sold.

talking about the favorite in the Withbread,
I can not understand why a horse winning an Ayr National 26 pounds out of the hcp can be up only 27 pounds by the handicaper when winning in a canter.

McManus tends to let the horse stay with the trainer and spread his patronage around thus. Don't think the owner has any intention of changing to a bigger yard though? Seemed to be gushing last week about Curren

That's simply not true, Will. JP has horses with Gifford, Powell, Hobbs, Henderson, Fanshawe, King, Dartnall, Egerton, Pipe.....need I go on?

I made a balant mistake there!! Apologise you are right SL, I've just always had image nearly all are trained by Jonjo.

From the Racing Post a list of the trainers and the number of runs for JP's horses in Britain in the last five years.

Jonjo 1544
Hobbs 67
Haslam 57
Powell 48
Henderson 40
Gifford 29
Fanshawe 26
Dartnall 8
King 6
Chance 5
Pipe 3
Egerton 1