Recieved A Tip

• Thread starter Thread starter Goodkat
  • Start date Start date
G

Goodkat

I have recieved late word from a solid source, regarding a horse who runs at Folkestone in the 4.20.

The horse is known only as Gold Coin.

Wonder what he's doing now, after such an illustrious career? Pulling a cart in Turkey? Lugging obese tourists around the Grand Canyon? Already thoroughly digested and disposed of via La Gavroche and other sterling eateries?

Yeah of course but my point is what type of mare do you think breeders would take that gamble with? Not anything regally bred that's for sure.

:lol::lol:

Thanks for the info, Gareth. Amazing - I suppose sending some chubsy mares to him to introduce a bit of speed for sport horse work is okay, but otherwise I'm astounded that he just didn't 'disappear'.

If you do a google on him Krizon you will find he has a bit of a cult following and I seem to remember reading that he was the star attraction of the tour of the stud.

Last edited:
It's a bit like slagging off someone for wearing a suit only to discover they're burying their uncle.

:lol::lol:

...but otherwise I'm astounded that he just didn't 'disappear'.

He may well disappear, but John Magnier holds a share of him (the breeders bought back into him) on the off chance he turns out okay. There is an option that he is moved to Coolmore’s Ashford stud if he turns out to be any good.

He cost something like $16 million as a 2yo...

Last edited:
Cheers for that, Gears. It's just as well racehorses don't have the Internet in their stables. Can you imagine the outcry if they knew what total failure would net you, just because your owners paid the equivalent of the GNP of a small country for you? I would take exception to him being called the most famous horse in the world, though - although the Magniers obviously have to try and recoup something from this massive folly - I reckon you could ask 10,000 people at random in the UK or Ireland who that was, and the majority would go for either RED RUM or, um, erm... er... RED RUM.

Last edited:
I still remember reading the article about the sale and breeze up and being completely amazed. I assumed the horse was going to be a monster!

I remember looking at the date, to make sure it wasn't April 1st! So much more money than sense at times - has anyone heard of the bloodstock agent since, or did he disappear instead of the horse? I'd have thought it'd be a massive red face day when your Highly Recommended wheezed off the track after three appalling flops! On the other hand, perhaps he retired to Bermuda on the strength of his percentage!

Back