Recommendations - telephone accounts

krizon

At the Start
I gave up my collosal account with Blue Square when they demanded a minimum stake per bet of £20. So you can see, I'm not quite the last of the high rollers! I would like to open another one, but was disappointed that the borrowed a/c with Laddies yesterday didn't pay out on 4th place for the 2000 Guineas "because it's not a handicap", although Big Mac said that two firms did.

Could anyone help me find a friendly firm which will take dotty little bets of a fiver e/w, please? The most I ever bet in one sitting is around £40, so I'm not likely to threaten their bank accounts with a stunning coup, even if I knew of one.

Really appreciate some help on this. Muchas gracias!

If you're after concessions and a speedy service, you can't beat Stan James for me.

Only Stan James and Sky Bet have been paying four places on the Guineas

You get better deals and concessions online, I find. If you're restricted to the phone I find they're all much of a muchness, generally unsatisfactory, especially when it's blokes manning the lines.

All the above plus Paddy power who also do extra places from time to time.
Most online bookies also have phone accounts. Get 3 or 4 and then see which one offers the best on the day. Offers are not always available.
Good Luck.

Super! Thank you very much, chaps. DJ - I'm so small-time, I'm hardly even recreational! Mostly love to do it when I think I've thought something through (like the occasional idiotically-long shot that rewards my little e/w very well!). Or just picked a 'lucky number' or a cute name! Yes, it's that daft at times!

Honestly never had a prob getting hold of BS (even though there were always blokes on the other end!), just that I thought it was unrealistic expecting callers to always wodge a twenty per bet. Well, unrealistic with callers like me!

Many thanks again. Surely, riches beyond the dreams of avarice are mere moments away? :whistle:

Do them all! And enjoy their free bets for signing up, even if it's only matching your £5 or £10.

Skybet are good for paying extra places, as demonstrated on the Guineas, Paddy Power are generally pretty good for offers too, extra places, money back specials etc. Stan James also throw in extra places and Bet365 have a decent offer if you're betting on C4 or BBC races where they offer a free bet to your stake on the next race if your winner is over 4/1.

Ladbrokes, Hills & Coral are pretty much the worst for concessions.

"Do them all!" - reminds me of our long-lost forum member, BrianH, and his 42 telephone accounts! I can see me signing up for everything going just for the freebies. There are about four that I might well open up with (she says, desperately hunting for a quid which fell out of her pocket yesterday!). I'm nearly in the poorhouse as it is, so what the heck - might as well go all the way!

Any further whizzo recommendations most welcome, but this is very helpful. Maybe the RP could publish a novice punters' guide to the best deals available? There again, maybe not...

My word, there's an awful lot of info on that site - I could spend years looking through all the offers, Steve! Cheers for that - will look over the firms so far suggested. I really like the convenience of a phone a/c so will be selecting at least one to take my 35p reverse triple Exactas with somersault and pike!

Manny Bernstein are good and are on the rails at most meetings, too. Professional service and statements as often as you want them - weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
0800 821 821, if you are interested.

Super, thanks, red. Will list all these out and have a hunt around. I didn't realise that there'd be so many differences between what they pay/don't pay out on - really surprises me. I guess because I'm just a fun punter, I hadn't put any thought into the margins between them - presumably that's why some folks have multiple accounts!

I usually bet a tenner a go, Will - sometimes £10 on the schnozz, most often £5 e/w. But to be told my minimum over the phone must be £20 is a bit much! It's a shame, as I'd enjoyed using Blue Square - dead simple, always got through, nice staff.

Back