Redcar

ragusa

At the Start
Was at a pub quiz last week and a question on there was when was the last running of the VAUX GOLD TANKARD ......I remember it was over 1m 6 furlongs and I can remember FARM WALK winning around 1967, I answered the question in 1968/69 but I didn't stop long enough to find out
because I was hopeless on the cricket questions ....................so does anyone know??

Was at a pub quiz last week and a question on there was when was the last running of the VAUX GOLD TANKARD ......I remember it was over 1m 6 furlongs and I can remember FARM WALK winning around 1967, I answered the question in 1968/69 but I didn't stop long enough to find out
because I was hopeless on the cricket questions ....................so does anyone know??

I'm pretty sure I can remember it in the mid to late 70's.

here is another question..Redcar is a pretty flat track..last 3 furlongs is +/- 1 foot in ..which other northern track is believed to be very flat but actually climbs 14 feet in the last couple of furlongs

no DG..this one is deemed to be flat like Redcar..i think we all know Carlisle is good climb

i've been to said course ..and you can't assess the climb by the eye that is for sure when you stood at the rail...it does look flat..14 feet isn't immense ..but its not flat

it surprised me

Last edited:
Is it Kelso?

no..its York

stick this in satellite view,,top right..type in york rac..then let it list it beneath..doesn't seem to find it if you don't pick off the drop down

http://www.freemaptools.com/elevation-finder.htm

click on finish line line..=48/49ft

then click where the stands finish = 33/34ft

this tool if used at Redcar shows the straight there back to 3f as being very level..within 1ft either way

Last edited:
Back