Return Of Yeats

Guest_

At the Start
Returns at Navan today and while he is long odds on and should win, I really would not be surprised to see him have to work very hard for this in soft ground. I think Red Moloney has a real chance of putting it up to him and maybe even causing a bit of a surprise.

I would be more worried about his level of fitness than the actual ground.

Going reported as Good to Yielding (Yielding on the Back Straight)

He arguably already is; think Timeform currently have him higher.

I guess that ground will be an important factor as to who runs where.

Red Maloney looked to have it with a half furlong to go but Yeats proved his enthusiam for the game is still there. Nice comeback.

Have to agree about his enthusiam and he showed it last year in the St Leger but you would have to wonder given his age if he is not the force he was two years ago.

Ascot suits him nicely and he will be hard to beat nonetheless. Probably go for the Saval Beg next.

Great comeback in the context of the Gold Cup being in June.To me he is a bet as they will want to win a third Gold Cup -there has to be a possibility that Septimus will be diverted elsewhere.
I was also pleased with Alfie Flitts -he looked like a rocking horse at the Curragh last summer -will definitely win a Group race this season.

According to O’Brien yesterday it looks unlikely that Septimus will take on Yeats in the Gold Cup. More likely he might run in the Hardwick.

Back