Rihanna

harry

At the Start
How much AirPlay does this bitch get?

She's on the radio ALL the time..............like 2-3 times an hour

:mad:

I thought you had a baby daughter, Harry. Would you like some numpty to call her that in future? It's unnecessary and unpleasant. The whole purpose of 'pop' is to make as much of your time as you can on radio, on tv, and in concerts. It's a commercial business, not high art.

I thought you had a baby daughter, Harry. Would you like some numpty to call her that in future? It's unnecessary and unpleasant. The whole purpose of 'pop' is to make as much of your time as you can on radio, on tv, and in concerts. It's a commercial business, not high art.
Have you seen her?
I would be horrified if my daughter ended up like her, a disgraceful role model for girls.

And Come on, you didn't need to call me a numpty did you??

Last edited:
Answer the question about your own child - how would you feel if she had a total stranger, hiding behind a forum, calling her a bitch? Okay with you? There is a low-level male culture of calling women very nasty names which is unacceptable. As a parent of a girl, you should be setting a standard of behaviour towards women, the sort you'd like your own girl to enjoy later on. Calling a young lass a bitch just because you don't like the way she behaves is more than a bit disrespectful - if she'd done you some personal wrong, I'd geddit, but I assume she hasn't, so I don't. You could easily have said that you think Rihanna behaves badly, and dresses too provocatively in public, etc., etc., which would be a fair expression of your opinion, like 'a disgraceful role model' - that's if you seriously think that pop stars ever represented suitable role models for anyone! Mick Jagger - a good 'role model' for boys? Pete Docherty? Kurt Cobain? I don't hear blokes calling them disgraceful role models for boys, or 'bastards'. They're never called to book for the way they look, or their destructive, unlovely habits and behaviour. But a female? Sexism immediately shows its ugly little head.

First of all calm your booty down

Secondly I can't get into a row about Rihanna with you of out of all the members of Talking Horses without peeing my pants

Thirdly, don't bring sexism and all that shite on me, I'm even less interested in that and your essay long replies.

Wish I'd never started this thread :blink:

Harry, you still refuse to answer a simple question, which is a bit pathetic. But you're welcome to your incontinence and ranting.

I think Harry probably likes his female role models all meek and mild like Wendy Craig. Women like Rihanna are like modern day Penthesilea's - all gleaming muscles and savage intentions. Take me.

Harry, you still refuse to answer a simple question, which is a bit pathetic. But you're welcome to your incontinence and ranting.

Krizon, bit rich from you to be talking about incontinence and ranting!!

To answer your pointless question, If my daughter made her name singing lyrics like that and dressing like that, I would expect her to get called some names.

I Would expect her, however, to not have a bug up her butt about it like you though

Harry makes controversial statement and cannot defend it in a coherent fashion when challenged.He has now officially taken over from Merlin as the forum gimp.

if you seriously think that pop stars ever represented suitable role models for anyone! Mick Jagger - a good 'role model' for boys? Pete Docherty? Kurt Cobain? I don't hear blokes calling them disgraceful role models for boys, or 'bastards'. They're never called to book for the way they look, or their destructive, unlovely habits and behaviour. But a female? Sexism immediately shows its ugly little head.

That part is quite wrong. Everyone I've ever discussed it with thinks Pete Doherty is a sleazy, talentless little rat who'd be better off dead. I'd tell him so, if I could get past his 'minders'

Harry makes controversial statement and cannot defend it in a coherent fashion when challenged.He has now officially taken over from Merlin as the forum gimp.

It has taken a while, but out crawls the other one:lol:

It's a wonder you can lift your arm to the keyboard with the weight of that chip on your shoulder

Last edited:
While I don't agree with the name calling Harry, one thing I will say was that the film clip for "We Found Love" was highly distasteful.

While I don't agree with the name calling Harry, one thing I will say was that the film clip for "We Found Love" was highly distasteful.

Which part...it's not my kind of music but I would imagine what was shown in the video is reality for a certain element.

Oh, nothing brings out the voyeur in me more than obtuse allusions! Anyone able to put up the clip - pleeeease? :D

Are they playing 'up periscope' by any chance? Such larks!

Back