RIP Bobby Frankel

That is very sad news indeed...I had heard he had gone to hospital again on Breeders Cup week but I did not realise it was so serious. RIP .

said in racing post in sidesentence that seriously ill, and had his own "get well" group on facebook. very sad to read.

Oh Bollox! He was a nice guy. I knew he was very very sick when I was over there and his horses were being reallocated to new trainers. I knew a fair few of his staff over the years (he always used to employ very pretty young females in tight jeans!) and they always spoke very highly of him. He was a brilliant trainer too.

He sounds like the Hugh Heffner of racing, jinnyj! Outstanding record, and he did always seem to be a very approachable person, judging by articles and interviews on tv. He's going to be very much missed.

Really nice guy and a great trainer ....he still holds the record for most G1s in a season at 25 ....a record AOB almost beat some years back but came up short

He didn't attend the 2007 Breeders Cup so that he could stay at home with his sick dog...he loved animals of all kinds.

RIP

Back