RIP Robin Williams

dvds2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seems like he hung himself :(

Very funny man, its hard to comprehend someone like him was suffering from depression.

More and more people I grew up watching on TV or in films are dying :(

Wow... he was just being parodied on Family Guy.

This is sad news indeed. Many a laugh during my childhood and through my adulthood was courtesy of the man. His personal demons have long been public knowledge and it appears that they've finally caught up with him.

Depression is a rotten condition which does not discriminate when it comes to social standing, personality type or any characteristic known to humankind. One can only hope that his death, and the millions like his, will further the awareness and assistance as well as eliminate the stigma attached to this condition.

RIP Robin

Incredibly sad. Some of the outwardly happiest people you see are putting on a massive front and battling things that not many of us can even comprehend - and like you say, it doesn't discriminate.

Rip to another of my childhood heroes, I hope he had found peace now.

Last edited:
So very sad. Truly a genius of comedy. If anyone techy can find it and put a link here for his rendition of Elmer Fudd does Bruce Springsteen..... one small gem showing his brilliance :(

Brilliant comic genius but became uncomfortable watching (in interviews etc) as he got older.

I hoped he would find peace of mind at some point. Maybe now.

Back