Road To The Epsom Derby 2011

Putting my Cheltenham Festival calculations to one side………. :) Not a lot to go on here and considering those with any real chance will be supplemented at a later stage……………

Some nice Kingmambos in there, including one out of a full sister to High Chaparral, one out of New Morning, and one out of Shawanda.

Seems Shawanda wasn't on lease to Godolphin after all - were we discussing this relatively recently?

I think it's a perfectly well timed thread. It's nearly January.

Seeing as it's Christmas I'm going to ask for the full brother to Cockney Rebel and the Galileo out of Maroochydore and if they're not standing quietly in the hall when I come down on Christmas morning I'm holding my breath until it's sorted.

Seems Shawanda wasn't on lease to Godolphin after all - were we discussing this relatively recently?

Yeah - she was bought outright. When you consider that the Aga treats his best mares like Gods, you can just imagine how much changed hands..

That's just the thing - I can't! I can't imagine any amount of money would make the Aga Khan sell such a filly.

Thanks Gal, glad to see the Honorine colt by Galileo that we discussed is there, :) but a little disappointed he appears to be running for Michael Tabor and not in the silks of Mrs Magnier. Tabor seems not to have as much luck as the others, but he did have Hurricane Run so not all bad luck!

Tabor also had High Chaparral and Peeping Fawn. A total of 25 Galileo colts entered from Ballydoyle !

Good to see this thread with the jumps season beginning its interminable wind-down.

The Aga Khan has some lovely colts in there.

Some lovely colts? Amazing how you flatties can throw around such statements without knowing anything else but the sire and the dam. When is a pedigree of a horse entered in the Derby at this stage not lovely?

Last edited:
That's a fair call. Some lovely potential nonetheless.

I blame the desperation of this time of the year.

You mean you are not blown away by the lovely chasing types running in bumpers axd over hurdles? Everything they do before they jump a fence is a bonus dont you know....

Last edited:
And only one Sadler's Wells, but four Hurricane Runs, and one Smart Strike out of a BC Distaff winner. I think the Galileo out of the sprinter Jessica's Dream is the one to look out for, they bought the Teofilo out of the same dam in the Tattersalls foal sales.

Back