Royal Ascot competition?

Can people post if they are interested, please.

And do we want to do this by points for 1,2,3,4 (10,7,5,3) or by starting prices?
I’m fairly limited numerically and working out financial returns.

We could do one selection per race, one to be a Nap and extra points for winners only of prices 20-1 or greater?

Happy to be advised but it’s nice to have a competition going through the week and we’ve got some new members so it could be fun to introduce them to the competitive side here.....:cheerleader:

And do we want to do this by points for 1,2,3,4 (10,7,5,3) or by starting prices?

We could do one selection per race, one to be a Nap and extra points for winners only of prices 20-1 or greater?

Happy to be advised but it’s nice to have a competition going through the week and we’ve got some new members so it could be fun to introduce them to the competitive side here.....:cheerleader:
It is a racing site,which is why I am here. But I'll not get involved with the scoring because I was never any good with geography

jinnyj you have come up with the suggestion so run it in the format easiest for you.

Yes Jin, good idea. I always do shite, but I hear god loves a trier.

Last edited:

Keep it simple 1,2,3,4 as you have outlined double pts when a nap wins

I'm in. Looks a tricky old week. Loads of horses on retrieval missions. Expect aidan to get a couple of decent priced winners. No certainties at all IMHO.

Any more?

I think we will run it thus:

10 points for a win
7 for a second
5 for a third
3 for a fourth
One nap per day, with double points for the Nap.
5 extra points for a winner 25-1 or more.

What does everyone think to that? Is anyone going to trust me to do the scoring......:ROFLMAO: or would anyone else like to step in?

And would anyone like to put up a prize?

Not asking much......😎

Any more wanting to sign up?

I think we need to make it 12noon cutoff time for selections?

I have zero idea of format to score this in......:eek:....you’re all very trusting!

Are we playing for a forum title such as ROYAL ASCOT KING on our profile?

I am unsure if we need to enter every race but here are mine for tomorrow.
Good luck all.

230 Dolayli EW

305 Columnist

245 Big Eves NAP

425 Notable Speech

505 Plodge Of Alliance

540 Curtain Lad

615 A peace of Heaving

I will back the 230,305,345,505 and the 615 in a ew lucky 31.

Back