Royal Ascot Day 3

Guest_

At the Start
Maybe the weakest card of the week? Any strong fancies?

Interested to see how South Central gets on in the first while the Ribblesdale looks pretty tricky. Could see both Dar Ri Me and Cape Amber go close.

i quietly fancy MOYNAHAN e/w in the Hampton Court and have taken some of the 14's. The Newmarket form is solid and the step up to 10f shoud suit. 14's too big IMO.

Sadly, I'm limited to a hunch. I suspect Ghimaar (last race) will find abnormal improvement from his Leopardstown seasonal debut which was none too shoddy anyway. I also suspect Suny Bay might agree given his views on the Master Trainer.

The quietest day this week punting wise for me...Love to see Yeats complete the hat-trick..No really strong fancies today- licking my wounds from yesterday :cry:

I wondered about Moynahan but wouldnt it be fair to say that his breeding is some way off being a 10f performer. Especially in a competitive race like this

At the start of the week I was very keen on Spin Cycle in the Norfolk but the field is stronger than I'd anticipated, I'll still back him but Prolific concerns me despite the performance of Danehill Destiny yesterday who clearly had a problem of sorts. South Central's win looks to have been exaggerated, he got the run of the race and beat nothing at Carlisle, despite how much he won by. I think Sun Ship is massively overpriced in the race at 25/1 with Moore riding and a low draw. Moss Likely is interesting at a price too given he only ran 2 days ago and if you forgive that effort, she'd have a squeek on previous form.

Redford deserves to be favourite in the Britannia but Jamie Spencer onboard in a big field and drawn high, I wouldn't be piling into him. The other market principles look decent too Mr Segal has beat me to it but Siberian Tiger looks overpriced, his run behind Conduit looks very strong and he brings some very strong 2 year old form to the table.

How Unnefer is double figures in the Hampton Court is beyond me too. The form of his Chester run is rock solid but if Staying On repeats his Haydock handicap win he should go close.

The profitable bets for today are as follows;

Sun Ship
Arthurs Girl
Slugger O'Toole
King of Rome
Colony

EW Super Yankee

Yeats

10 pts win.

Go on then..... I'll throw a couple of big prices in for a laugh

Oaks runners have a surprisingly poor record in the Ribblesdale, and there can be little doubt that coming as soon as it does after exertions of Epsom can leave it's mark. I'm tempted to think therefore that Hoby could place at a big price have finished just 2.25L's behind Clowance in the Sweetenham. That line puts her ahead of Michita on Oaks running, and on a level with Cape Amber, who she'd hold through Lush Lashes in the Mussidora. Although Sail was too bad at Epsom to draw anything from, she'd hold Changing Skies thus. In a 9 runner field she might stand a chance of running a place for being fresher.

Jedediah half interests me too in the Britannia. The usefulAndrew Probert takes 7Ibs off and thus puts him at the foot of the handicap. In April he failed to give Stubs Art 11Ibs at Sandown going down by 3L's, and next time out at Haydock he was twice stopped in his run. My biggest concern would be his 'no mans land' draw, but then he is 33/1

Cerito, Rattan, Michita & Dream Desert

All in great form and strong bets for me.

Kensington Oval (Nap) added into the 4 for an ew L31

Bitterly disappointing, thought Spin Cycle had it. The place doesn't seem like a consolation when you're beat that far.

Tricky race the Ribblesdale is. Can't see the ground suiting Cape Amber (Chapple-Hyam insists she wants cut), I have a feeling Kitty Matcham might be best with cut as well, Changinge Skies likewise.

Michita will be difficult to turn over, but I might just chance Icon Project small-stakes in the place market.

Feck the handicaps, the Hampton Court is the toughest race of the week BTW!

Michita! :luv: A winner at last :clap:

I was on her in the Oaks and read later she never handled the track at all. didn't cover today's punts with the return but got the Epsom dosh back with interest :)

Originally posted by Gamla Stan@Jun 19 2008, 11:34 AM

How Unnefer is double figures in the Hampton Court is beyond me too. The form of his Chester run is rock solid but if Staying On repeats his Haydock handicap win he should go close.
5lb penalty. He`s still a bit of value over some unproven colts though.

Back