Royal Ascot Raiders (US Edition)

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Just read elsewhere that the following US horses are being targeted at Royal Ascot races:

Kinsale King (Carl O'Callaghan) - Golden Jubilee
West Ocean (Todd Pletcher) - Golden Jubilee/Kings Stand
Radiohead (Rick Dutrow) - Golden Jubilee/Kings Stand/St James' Palace
Noble's Promise (Ken McPeek) - St James' Palace
Final Mesa (Wes Ward) - Queen Mary/Coventry/Norfolk
Leaving New York (Carl O'Callaghan) - St James' Palace/Jersey

There'll be more targeted at the races I'm sure - particularly the 2yo ones.

Last edited:
Read a report about Ward's filly winning a 4 1/2f dash in about 50 secs - Clearly another speedball....

Whatever happened to Jealous Again by the way?!!! Nodolphin

Great to see more coming over - Jealous Again really was a sight to behold on the day. I would doubt we will ever see her on the track again - possibly Godolphin's worst ever purchase as it was clear she was not exactly the type to progress.

I suspect this one will not be allowed to go off the price Ward's last two raiders did...

That is impressive - Powerscourt, any idea on the quality of the opposition?

Not really ... way too early... but you will always have decent horses running at Keeneland.

Jealous Again won at Keeneland prior to Royal Ascot last year.

Think Final Mesa is due to take the Aegean/Jealous Again route to Ascot ie. a run on Derby weekend at Churchill Downs, a gallop at River Downs at the end of May and then on to the big race itself.

Jealous Again was unreal - easily the most impressive performance of the meeting for me, the race was over after a furlong.

Ward always has super-precocious 2yos he gets them out on the track very early before the other decent sprinter/miler types have run and picks up stakes and graded stakes with them before selling them on.

Be amazed if Radiohead runs Kri, he's apparently had problems since moving Stateside and he won't stay a mile!

Thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread but are Coral's taking quite a chance putting Delegator in at 25's for the Golden Jubilee? Crisford was saying that they are looking to campaign him as a sprinter this year.

You'd have to think so David - think the main competition is going to come from the International sprinters but how often do we see them run below form in the 6f race?

Good bump of the topic too since Final Mesa and a few others (including a stablemate) tackle a 5.5f Graded stakes on Oaks night Friday :)

Oh, disappointed to hear that, Gamla. He was one horse I'd at least heard of! Won't pretend to know anything about the others, but it's lovely to have outside competition for the races. The more the merrier!

Thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread but are Coral's taking quite a chance putting Delegator in at 25's for the Golden Jubilee? Crisford was saying that they are looking to campaign him as a sprinter this year.

Great spot - he looks likely to take high ranking in the sprints imo.

Back