RP Search Facility

krizon

At the Start
Before the RP arsed about 'improving' its site, when you clicked on the Search facility, asked for horse's name, etc., it would remember this whenever you went back to it. You'd get to DES for DESERT ORCHID and up would spring loads of references starting with DES. Now it doesn't do that. That means putting in the nag's full name every time you want to check something about it. Or is it me, not doing something to create a memory of the name? Any help gratefully received.

Before the RP arsed about 'improving' its site, when you clicked on the Search facility, asked for horse's name, etc., it would remember this whenever you went back to it. You'd get to DES for DESERT ORCHID and up would spring loads of references starting with DES. Now it doesn't do that. That means putting in the nag's full name every time you want to check something about it. Or is it me, not doing something to create a memory of the name? Any help gratefully received.
It still works, but you need a string of four letters.

I don't consider four to be much of a string - now, GETTINBYBUTONLYJUST is a string! No, it doesn't work. I've put in CARNIVAL DREAM 'n' number of times, but nothing gets memorised. (I've put in a helluva lot more than that, of course, that's just an example.)

I have the same problem Kri - doesn't remember anything I've put in previously.

Could it be something to do with having ''cookies'' or whatever they are enabled or not?

Dunno, Imagine - if I knew a lot more about how computers work, I would try to fix it, but I don't - so I leave well alone!

It's whatever you want it to be, Little Grasshopper. What's long to you may be short to me, and what's short to me ma (Stop it. Go and write for Zen Weekly if you want to inflict that tosh on someone. Ed.)

It was also an amusing feature because you started typing and saw a horses name pop up and wondered to yourself "why the hell was I looking at that dog?" etc. etc.

Back