Ruby's Decisions

Guest_

At the Start
Obvious ones are the Kauto Star vs Denman, Twist Magic vs Master Minded etc...

But I will be interested to see who he goes for in the fesitival opener...Fiveforthree or the highly touted Nicholls horse Rippling Ring.

Also have a feeling he won't be on Silverburn and will ride Pomme Tiepy instead but that won't be his choice. Had heard rumours after Silverburn's Christmas outing that the owner was not happy with the ride he gave the horse and I don't buy the reasons for Ruby not being at Sandown the next day to ride the horse.

Nicholls was apparently very clear in a preview night at Exeter recently that the decision regarding the Champion Chase is the trainers and to "read nothing into it" as regards the jockeys. It's just that he wantred to keep successfult partnerships together.... nothing more than that.

In todays Irish Examiner where Ruby pens an excellent article every Saturday he states that he is leaning towards Master Minded and will wait for Willie to tell him what to ride in the Bumper.

Supposed to be riding Lillywhitedancer in a gallop at Leopardstown tommorrow. I would be surprised if he doesn't end up on Apt Approach though.

Tommorrow, Monday and Tuesday are the designated days aren't they?

Always a good spectacle. Remember everyone that watched a couple of years ago backed Sky's The Limit.

What is the situation with Walsh re: trainers having first choice? Is he completely free to choose whichever ones of Mullins or Nicholls he wants or does one trainer have first refusal over the other?

I imagine Ruby will be riding Apt Approach in the bumper. Got to love the way he moved behind another decent performer in his own right. Slight concerns that he got a bit buzzed up before hand though.

Was hoping to see Lilywhite Dancer in action ~ anyone know if he was due to appear or will have a gallop in the next day or two? Had a decent bet on him for the Champion Bumper and would like to "view my investment"!

Originally posted by Nashwan@Mar 2 2008, 06:54 PM
What is the situation with Walsh re: trainers having first choice? Is he completely free to choose whichever ones of Mullins or Nicholls he wants or does one trainer have first refusal over the other?
whoever owns the horse will have the biggest say !!! well thats is the way it should be ...

Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 3 2008, 11:32 AM
Rubys rides the Nicholls horse in the opener.
I'm guessing that will be Rippling Ring although he also has another live 'un in the race; if and when Nicholls describes RR as "a machine", I'll press the lay button and fill up on the drifting Pasco :P

Ruby wants to ride De Valira and may well end up doing so - horse worked extremely well the other day - live chance at big prices

Ruby won't be on Silverburn if owner has his way

Back