Run For Sarah

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rowan Hyde and friends are planning a fundraising event in memory of their friend Sarah Mageee raising money for The Sobell House Hospice Charity, see link for details. The four racecourse runners started today at Folkestone and Newmarket. Next Saturday they will be finishing their racecourse runs at Newbury races where they are sponsoring the last race, A Run For Sarah National Hunt Flat race..bumper.

During the raceday there are various great silent auction prizes on offer and if you would like to put in a bid, as you might not be going to Newbury races and would like one of the following great prizes, just email Rowan Hyde on the following email and find out more on how to bid.

rhyde@racingwelfare.co.uk

http://www.justgiving.com/arunforsarah

Silent Auction lots include

1) Manchester United shirt, signed by John O’Shea (to be displayed on a bust)
2) 15” Flat screen “swisstec” TV with built in DVD player
3) Morning on the gallops with Charlie Egerton, Chaddleworth for six people, and six badges for Newbury.
4) Morning on the gallops with Dual Gold Cup winning trainer, Noel Chance. To be followed by a carriage tour of Lambourn by the landlord of The Malt shovel (Mr Oliver Taggart), also to include Cap from Cheltenham racecourse
5) Morning on the gallops with Ed Vaughan, Grange House Stables, Newmarket, for five. To be followed by breakfast at the Bedford Lodge Hotel.
6) Morning on the gallops with Paul Nicholls followed by breakfast at The Manor, Ditcheat, for four. To include badges for four to Taunton races.
7) £100 voucher for the Crab @ Chieveley, to include Sandown Badges
8) Morning on the gallops for four and a tour of Manton estate with Brian Meehan, to include four passes to Salisbury races.
9) Morning on the gallops for four with Kim Bailey near Cheltenham, to include day passes for Stratford Races, for four people
10) Two people “Behind the Scenes” look at the Morning Line, Channel 4 Racing
11) WilliamsF1 coat, cap, sweatshirt and umbrella. (to be displayed on a bust)
12) Godolphin silks, signed by Frankie Dettori (to be displayed on a bust)
13) Round of golf at Upton-By-Chester Golf Club for four people; possibly combine with Chester tickets (awaiting confirmation from Chester).
14) Breeches signed by AP McCoy, breeches donated by Candy Morris
15) £200 voucher towards a golf break at Park Golf Club, Bath
16) Morning on the gallops with Barry Hills, Lambourn. To include day passes for four to Kempton Park
17) Ballydoyle and Coolmore tour. Tour of Coolmore in the morning, lunch, then a tour of Ballydoyle, for two people.
18) Morning on the gallops with Group 1 winning trainer, Hughie Morrison, Compton. To be combined with a T-shirt from Ripon racecourse
19) We also have many badges to be sold as separate lots, for days racing across the country.
20) Many old metal members’ badges, including 10 badges from Lingfield dates 1946.

Did the organisers ask? Are they going to add more lots, I would imagine so - -
Maybe you can suggest it?

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Feb 23 2008, 05:43 PM
I'm amazed Channon hasn't put up a morning on his gallops, really surprised at that.
What about a morning at Bill Turners Chris? :P

I would happily offer something for the charity Kevin as I have, being good friends with Jamie I have offered to help in other ways.

I spoke to Jamie about offering a lease share in one of my horses, but Racing Welfare never got back to me.

Hoping to be there on Saturday, anyways

Would just like to bump this up;

I can't make today having had a bad week emotionally but would be good if those at Newbury who knew Sarah or who didn't know Sarah could show their appreciation.

Chris

I didn't bid for them as they are a bit far even from me in Suffolk - and I have to pull my horns in bigtime right now -

but there were two lots which had got no bids as of c5.30 yesterday, so if anyone lives nearby it could still be worth offering something for these:

Badges for two at Gt Yarmouth
Badges for two at Market Rasen

Where can people get hold of anyone to put in a bid, should they wish to, Chris

[Sorry to hear your news btw]

Back