Ryan Moore - Bonnie Charlie (Donc 3.10)

• Thread starter Thread starter numbersix
  • Start date Start date
N

numbersix

I am livid!

Time and again this year I have backed very short priced horses Moore has been on, often young horses, who get beat with Moore giving them (particularly the Stoute ones) a tender ride.

Today I allowed myself to be influenced by Matt Williams in the RP (said the horse would not stay), and having backed him at Newmarket felt Moore would not throw the kitchen sink at the animal if he started to run out of petrol in the closing stages (perhaps with an eye on something like the Cornwallis back at 5f).

What does he do? The horse looked beaten a furlong out, and yet he gives the juvenile the most aggressive ride I have seen from Moore all season, to get back up near the line. Worse still, he is not even on the rail, which you would have thought would have been a disadvantage.

I know Moore is the champion and all that, but I find him a total mystery from a betting perspective. I back him all season (with big losses incurred) then I lay him and the little b**tard still manages to turn me over.

I give up!!!!

I am livid!

Time and again this year I have backed very short priced horses Moore has been on, often young horses, who get beat with Moore giving them (particularly the Stoute ones) a tender ride.

Today I allowed myself to be influenced by Matt Williams in the RP (said the horse would not stay), and having backed him at Newmarket felt Moore would not throw the kitchen sink at the animal if he started to run out of petrol in the closing stages (perhaps with an eye on something like the Cornwallis back at 5f).

What does he do? The horse looked beaten a furlong out, and yet he gives the juvenile the most aggressive ride I have seen from Moore all season, to get back up near the line. Worse still, he is not even on the rail, which you would have thought would have been a disadvantage.

I know Moore is the champion and all that, but I find him a total mystery from a betting perspective. I back him all season (with big losses incurred) then I lay him and the little b**tard still manages to turn me over.

I give up!!!!

#6 I hear you..Moore is very frustating to follow, much like Spencer I suppose (showboating out the back of the field). Winners are hard enough to come by(at my end anyway)..and sometimes jockeys can get things wrong, much like us punters. Keep at it mate, the wheel always turns.:)

I'm having the same problem with RM, and what with Spencer just as impossible to call, I've hardly bet at all for several weeks! Roll on the jumps...

The same two for me. Anything that seems value is virtually guaranteed to get beat but when they win on one of their short priced scopey types (that cannot possibly be value on form), I'm guaranteed to be on the second.

Last edited:
Hello HT - I am fine hope all well with you .

Thought Moore gave both BC and Galeota cracking rides yesterday btw. Just surprised BC wasn't in the Flying Childers - are they worried about a penalty next year ?

Moore has been mustard at the Donny meeting - really has his head in winning gear!
Which make some of his recent nonsenses even harder to stomach...

Luckily I was on shopping duty with she who must be obeyed yesterday so managed to avoid Ryan's defeats on Zacinto (I definitely would have backed it) and Major Cadeaux (probably would have chased Zacinto losses!!).

Big Mac was critical of both rides - I think on Zacinto he went too soon and got mugged, and perhaps should have ridden the horse out more vigorously. Noty sure he was to blame on the Major though - came there with every chance and the horse simply appeared not to want to go through with his effort.

Did anyone see his interview with Bob Cooper on ATR at Leicester yesterday? Incredibly rude and just wasn't interested at all and ended up just walking off and not answering one of the questions.

It's been said before but given he's the Champion Jockey he really needs to carry himself better in the public eye. He's an embarrassment to the sport at present despite his talent.

Luckily I was on shopping duty with she who must be obeyed yesterday so managed to avoid Ryan's defeats on Zacinto (I definitely would have backed it) and Major Cadeaux (probably would have chased Zacinto losses!!).

Big Mac was critical of both rides - I think on Zacinto he went too soon and got mugged, and perhaps should have ridden the horse out more vigorously. Noty sure he was to blame on the Major though - came there with every chance and the horse simply appeared not to want to go through with his effort.

Big Mac was ridiculously off beam with his criticism, and I backed both losers. Zacinto was probably a little rusty and couldn't quite cope withe the late lunge of Westphalia while Major Cadeaux looked sure to win when joining the leader 50 yards out but was worried out of it. Moore did nothing wrong on either occasion.

It's been said before but given he's the Champion Jockey he really needs to carry himself better in the public eye. He's an embarrassment to the sport at present despite his talent.

how is Moore the champion jockey?..I will ask again..don't Sanders and Spencer share it at the momen..or have I missed a season?

aye...thats the word..elect

nothing is assured though Rory..he has had probs before...Callan/hughes/sanders would have to go some mind

I thought I had missed a year or summat...wouldn't put it passed me like:p

I think if he retired tomorrow, he'd still be 1.01 for the title, but agree that the word elect should be appended to his "champion" credentials for the time being.

On the Moore front, that win was obviously a blip as it was business as usual last few days. Had large bets on two of his losers and large bets on two that came 2nd to two of his winners.

I think RM has confirmed that last years championship was the preverbial Group 1 race with horses rated just 100 in it

he is different gravy to the present champs

Back