Sandown Saturday

betsmate

At the Start
Hoo La Baloo is dropping down from 3m7f to 2m tomorrow. Last time he did anything like that (Nov 07, 24f > 16f) he won. All six of his chase wins have been at 16 or 17f. Three of those six have been at Sandown. He is slipping back down the handicap (150) towards his previous high winning mark (147 with Ruby onboard). Nick Schofield is taking off 5.

Ladbrokes have opened up at 25/1 1/4 1,2,3

Hoo La Baloo is dropping down from 3m7f to 2m tomorrow. Last time he did anything like that (Nov 07, 24f > 16f) he won. All six of his chase wins have been at 16 or 17f. Three of those six have been at Sandown. He is slipping back down the handicap (150) towards his previous high winning mark (147 with Ruby onboard). Nick Schofield is taking off 5.

Ladbrokes have opened up at 25/1 1/4 1,2,3

He won some poxy hunter chase affair over about 3 miles at Sandown once, and the highest mark he's won off in a handicap was 145 with Liam Heard taking another 3 off. When he beat Muhtenbar it was only a novice chase rather than a handicap.

This race is chock full of deadwood though and unless Killaghy Castle proves as good as they thought he was it is there for the taking. Hoo La Baloo really does have his conditions though as you say and its hard not to be taken by his form around this time last year over two miles. Wouldn't be worried about his recent forays over staying trips blunting his speed because he's come back and won at 2 after running over 3 previously.

He's a fair shout, I think he ran well last time out in the circumstances too because he wouldn't have been suited by the ground.

A couple of inaccuracies well spotted there, thanks.

He just jumped off the page at the price for me.

For me it's destined for Oneway whose run last time when not unbacked was a cracking one. Mark Rimell's horses are in great order and his fortunes seem to have been rekindled. Last time in the Cheek-Pieces Oneway was a good 2nd and he like's Sandown (Ran some belters in the Tingle Creek's over the years). Back off a fair mark over the stiff 2m here, I think he is knocking ew around 9/1.

I agree Hoo La Baloo is interesting, but I have a feeling that Oneway or another this will be going to Mark Rimell's old warrior.

Back