Saturday 12th Otober 2024

yorick

Conditional
A very enjoyable day's racing yesterday.

My little ew ew patent had two placed but that would have been three if I'd plumped for Wen Moon instead of Brooklyn, who was done by the draw.

I was delighted to see Destroytheevidence come in at 8/1 and although Super Supermick didn't place, he wasn't far off at all and no complaints. I thought he ran a creditable race and two furlongs out, looked like he had a real chance of winning. Probably needs in excess of 2m. A good day.

Today has all the fun of the Saturday Fair going on, doesn't it, although the day is a heady mix with the possibility of wallet extinction. Nothing here that I would dare to call a main bet at all: a day for enjoying the racing, small stakes and notebook at the ready.

There is a novice handicap chase on offer at Hexham (3.45) and I feel inclined to have a little nibble at the chase debutant Dare To Shout Here's one bred to chase, no doubt and the trainer/owner connection really do know all about chasing talent. This is not a great contest by any means and I think that DTS looks a decent Ew price.

A couple of little bets to sprinkle over the meetings:

Orazio - York 2.40 16/1
Grandeur D'ame - Chepstow 4.00 13/2
Get Shirty - York 4.30 12/1
3 X Ew singles
Ew Trixie

Reverend Hubert - Newmarket 3.40 25/1
Arizona Cardinal - Chepstow 4.35
Spring Bloom - Chelmesford 6.50 20/1
Ew Patent

Back