Saturday 15th July

yorick

Conditional
exciting racing tomorow, don't you think?

Had the weather not changed, I could put up some selections wth confidence but with the heavens opening, it overcasts everything with doubt.

I will do some horses with that in mind:

Call Me Ginger = 1.45 Ascot 18/1 Ew has a good race in him and won't be inconvenienced by the going, I think.

Tides Of War - 3.30 Ascot 8/1 Ew has a very good run behind Gold Cup winner to his name and I'd hope that he might handle the going. If he does, he looks too long a price.

Probe - 4.00 Newmarket 16/1 Ew will like the going, I'm sure and I noted him run a quietly promising race in the Wokingham. I reckon the extra furlong will suit.

One Morning - 4.40 Ascot 25/1 Ew ran well on the soft two outings ago and is tongue -tied for the first time. God only know what happened to her last time but but, at 25/1, I'm prepared to forgive her that run.

Had the going been on the good side, I'd be strong on Mattisfont - 2.15 Newmarket 12/1 Ew . I have to do her, of course, but who knows if the conditions will suit. She did run well on the soft two runs ago and she's visored for the first time, so I might have grounds for some confidence, I suppose. You choose.

I might have a little Ew on Millebosc 3.10 York 8/1 Ew York as well.

Good luck with whatever you pick. :)

Back