Saturday 1st April 2023

yorick

Conditional
It's very unusual for me to get involved in the AW scene but there is the odd occasion when I will venture out onto the cat litter and today is one such. I'll chance my withered arm on:

Cliffs Of Capri - Kempton 2.40 Ew 25/1 5 places Skybet.

It seems a strange thing write that I spotted this one when he was placed 9th of 13 but that's when it was ; Kempton 7th January 1m. I'm happy to relate that the incredible ground he made up at the end went largely unnoticed and he went into my notebook with a very heavy pencil indeed. His next run was at Southwell, never a course he looked made for and then up to newcastle where he stayed on over what was probably, at this time in his life, an inadequate 7f.

So today he's back to the Kempton mile, this time rated 7Lbs lighter and I have a feeling that this may be the (rare) day for the 9yo.

I'm delighted to see that Skybet are offering Ew terms at 5 places. This is excellent , along with the odds of 25/1.

As ever, all I hope for is a decent run for my money but I share with you because, win or lose, I think this is a value bet indeed.

Back