Saturday 29th July 2023

yorick

Conditional
You may recall Zephron. I mentioned it in several races at The Curragh last season?

He's a winner on soft and heavy. He's got behind but run on, as may remember, on several occasions at the track and I've always thought he needs a proper pilot.

He's done Bugger - all this season but has W. Lee up - a proper jockey, at last.

Given his form this year, you'd expect him to be a 20/1+ shot but he's around 6/1 - 13/2: that's not unfancied, is it, given the circumstances?

His LWR was 73. He goes off 60 here. That last run at Roscommon was by no means trouble-free, was it? He ran better than the final position suggests: not beaten that far, really.

I reckon they might be on for this.

Zephron - 1.55 Gowran Pk 13/2 Ew

Two more that I'll look at today but by no means up with my main fancy.

Fresh - 300 Ascot won this last year and ran a very nice prep in the Wokingham. Biggles looks to have a massive chance, given the ease of his last win but I suppose I might just prefer Fresh since it's only a week since Biggles last flew in.

Then there's Komat - 1.50 Ascot, who I made a note of lto at Royal Ascot in a Gp1, now racing in Gp2 company. TBH, she looked there like a 7th furlong might well be needed but she ran on well and is worth a little look today, I think.

Well, a place and a tiny profit so no damage.

I'd like to see him back on a straight track, mind.

Back