Saturday Selections

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
B

Bruce_Savage

Hey guys,

125 Naas looks like a dual between Sailors Warn and Unaccompained, think I'll favour the reverse forcast here.

The 130 Uttoexter I think Lucky Lukey would be the bet here although I don't like the fact Jonjo & Venetia have unexposed types so it would have to be a watching brief - also not sure about the Sean Quinlan booking.

At Cheltenham I think the 155 should go the way of Promising Anshan who would boost his Grand National claims here with a win, looks a really nice prospect - I'll be play a tricast with Galaxy Rock and Balthazaar King and a single on the faouvrite.

The 215 Lingfield, not sure where Night Lilly has found this amazing surge of form but the odds suggests no one else can believe this run of form is a true represenation of her ability but you can't knock her and would have good claims, along with Nice Style whose trainer has been hitting the barn door with placing of late although the transition to winning at this level may be out of his reach, a late burst down the outside could pay off well for place money anyway.

Big race of the weekend, Paddy Power Gold Cup and my main selection has to be Wishful Thinking, I think this horse has improved on his jumping from what we saw at Punchestown and will relish a proper gallop. The two at the bottom, Billie Magern and Holmwood Legend would be horses to play in a tricast with the eventual winner Wishful Thinking, he's still 6-1, a fair price but a no bet race for me! just want to watch this.

Back to Lingfield, 250 and I'm split between Five Star Junior and Silaah but I would have to side for Five Star Junior who is very consitant around Lingfield although Silaah is bound to pick up a race like this before going to Dubai in the future.

One that caught my eye in the 305 Naas was Ten Bob, ran an eye catching race last year behind Abby Glen over hurdles and looks to have come back a much stronger horse this year, think he'll take all the beating but I think his class will get him out of this one as 2 and half miles will suit more so no bet.

Back to Cheltenham, the 310, Cantalow who has Group 1 form with Saint Are catches the eye here, starting his career over 3 miles you get the feeling he's going to be a long project in the making but made eye catching headway last time out before finding nothing, he may need to improve more over the coming months but the raw ability is there. Alongside this, I would have to go for My Shamwari, who hopefully will complete a double for Phillip Hobbs, this horse beat a nice sort in Black Phanton at Ffos Las and could be going the right way.

The next at Cheltenham 340, Walden Prince for Tony Caroll caught my eye, the horse hasn't be surrounded by much in the way of good company but he's slowly progressing well and has only been in the trainers hands for a meer 5 days so maybe this could be a race to test the waters a bit, I'll have a brief watch.

Nice write up on today's racing, it's hard to believe it was written by the same man who included this sentence in an earlier post :

"Tornado In Milan was definatly sold by the auctioneer couldn't of had that for £70k.":blink:

Back