Saturday

LUKE

Senior Jockey
Palace Moon -nap.The 4s with Ladbrokes wont last don't even think of getting it.
Zacinto -lay...maybe even place lay.

Have been looking at the handicaps and whilst there is nothing to get too excited about some horses caught my eye.

Bev.
3.00 Eastern Aria. Was not pushed out when beaten in a better field last week.
3.35 Masta Plasta. Today looks to be the day, good draw.
4.10 Prince Namid LTO change of rider and short respite may have been a negative. A rest and now back to Nicholls/Nicholls, a winning combination here on penultimate start.

Newmarket
2.20 Legal Legacy Should reverse form with Inheritor.
4.35 The Tatling In good nick currently, a decent price for this old hand.

Gwood
2.20 C'mon you Irons. Nice ew price for another currently in good nick

I don't fancy anything particularly strongly today.

Goodwood 2.05: Vhujon seems weighted with a decent chance.

Goodwood 2.35: Urban Poet is probably the percentage call but I've backed Mourilyan to put his disappointing run last time behind him back at where he ran so well the time before.

Goodwood 3.10: Delegator is a bit obvious but I think Cesare at 16/1 is the value.

Newmarket 3.25: Decent enough race and I have Tamagin just ahead.

Beverley 3.35: Three appear to ahve the draw and figures in their favour. Masta Plasta, Noble Storm and Spin Cycle but they're all in the first four in the betting. I've gone for the progressive Noble Storm since the others lack consistency.

I didn't know Eastern Aria was running today as I only looked at the TV races. I just wonder if she needs a downhill track and if there's a decent handicap for her at Epsom or Goodwood in the next couple of weeks?

I really like Palace Moon today, think it should take this on the way to better things. Nice horse.

I've backed Palace Moon today. Thought he did well at Newbury considering he took over a furlong to settle. He hadn't looked headstromg previously so I'm hoping what happened there can be put down to the trip. Drowne should get lots of cover on the rail from stall one and Tamagin and Beckermet just for 2 should ensure he gets the race run to suit.

Disagree, Gal. I thought he was way over-confident. I actually thought I was on a non-trier when he held the horse up in behind the front three as the gap didn't look like materialising. If it hadn't, no-one would be hailing it as a great ride. Got away with it, I'd say but the 9/2 has more than covered me for the day.:)

I don't think it was overconfidence at all. In fact, it was the complete opposite. The horse clearly hung in behind Schaparelli at Goodwood, and seemed disinterested under pressure having been ridden closer to the pace at Newbury. It was a reluctance to go for everything on the horse until the last possible moment that meant he was ridden like he was I think.

Disagree, Gal. I thought he was way over-confident. I actually thought I was on a non-trier when he held the horse up in behind the front three as the gap didn't look like materialising. If it hadn't, no-one would be hailing it as a great ride. Got away with it, I'd say but the 9/2 has more than covered me for the day.:)

I think if he had hit the front any sooner he risked folding like he has done in the past. I thought it was a tremendous ride - things could have gone wrong but that is always the way with these hold up horses.

Hmm... I'm not convinced, dj. I was on M at Newbury and just felt the horse was never travelling. I felt at halfway today he could win but I couldn't believe my eyes when he pulled in behind the others instead of easing outside. Maybe he knew he had an awful lot of horse under him but I really thought he'd run it into a wall. Still, all's well that ends in profit!

Indeed DO, all's well that ends well. Gary Moore said in the paper today. 'He's a bridle horse and needs to be dropped out last and carried into the race.' I think the ride today was designed to not allow him to pull himself up in front before the line came. Could be a fascinating clash between him and Geordieland if they both go for the Doncaster Cup.

Back