Saturdays Racing

del boy

Senior Jockey
Some interesting stuff today with a few horses putting their Cheltenham credentials on the line...

I will be interested to see how Celestial Halo goes today, apparrently is fit enough today and should take a lot of beating. Think Osana will do well to shake him up given its his first run, and afsoun might be the main danger,so small f/c.

New little Brick lost its way last year, but has had a breathing op and may be up to winning the 3.45 at Sandown, although i do also like Erics Charm, so i may reverse forecast them and have small win bets on them both at the prices.

The other horse i like is Blue Shark in the 3.10. A horse i really like since it hosed up on its first start for Nicky Henderson, i like the look of this today, has had 2 runs to get back on track, so hopefully today could be its time to shine in possibly a weaker contest than before. 9/2 will do me for now.

3.00 Doncaster, Doctor David.

I think that this could be the one in this race, the ground may go against the Fav but i dont think it will inconvenience the selection. Jumped well enough last time if i remember rightly, will take a bit of pegging back i hope.

Lots and lots of handicaps. Not for the lazy with the formbook, like me!

I really like Imsingingtheblues and the Pricewise means there is plenty of 7/2 about.

Last edited:
I agree about Doctor David, and he's my main selection for the race in my 8-line Scoop 6, along with Imsolucky

I also like Sound Accord in the 3.45 - cracking e/w bet imo
I've done the Sandown PPot as they usually get a very good bank at the course

Have had a good bet ew on The Hollinwell today, plus also got stuck into Ballydub and Annabelle's Charm.

Fancy Gypsy George in the staying race, and staying loyal to Oneway ew in the big un.

Some good competitive racing but the one I'm looking forward to is the 3.25 at Wetherby.4 very good novices up for a battle in a race named after the biggest battle ever in England. Skippers Brig for me.

Super race there between Herecomesthetruth and Massini's Maguire. The Betfair market was all over the place!

The error, the battle back, the photo - trader's dream.

I'm out of the S6, sill in the Sandown PP with all lines so far... my 'speculatives' are coming up!
I only have Ballydub in the next leg

Had a nice win with Master of Arts - only saw he was running just before the off so got 7.2 or something - loved him at GLs in the summer. Had a couple of small FCTs so far too... so far so good

Compared to the the thrill of the flat and seeing which horse is the fastest between two points it isn't. But it is the end of January - what else am I supposed to watch Man City versus Stoke?

I'msingingtheblues- something Sam Thomas will probably be doing after this race and Big Fella Thanks .

Terrific ride by Christian Williams though - so much more the finished article when he was riding for Nicholls before his injuries.

He had a few jumping errors that day which can`t have helped his stamina. He stayed well as a hurdler so i`d take a chance at 16s+

Horrible attack of seconditis here, but at least I'm still in the PP!
Got Sound Accord and my old pal Monkerhostin in the next;
Killachy Castle and Good Company in the last - KC was a mistake, I meant to do Oneway not knowing he was NR! Now wish I had Lorient and GC, but there you are... At least there are 8 runners

Yes that was a bit annoying LOL but my bank has been saved by Jass - what a great run

Very sorry for Brendan's yard and owners, they lost Gaelic Gift there, also I think the Timpsons lost Pressgang earlier, esp sad as they missed his win at Kemton on Boxing Day. Awful for a smaller yard like Webber's too, to lose the stable star, and so young. Hope I'm wrong but his leg looked broken. Tough game.

Back