Saturday's racing

Attached files are like cancer to Vista. I can't view it.

Anyway, I like Duncan in the Rose of Lancaster. If you ignore his first career run he's had 8 races and the only time he hasn't been placed were in 3 contests all at Newmarket (two on the Rowley Mile and last time out on the July).

They went a crawl in the Princess of Wales and he never settled. Here, over a shorter trip and with two front runners I think he can put that weak effort behind him. Campanologist seems a different animal away from Ascot and the rest aren't up to much.

Last edited:
Think Presious Passion has a great chance in the Arlington Million - confirmed speed and if he gets a lead like he did in the UN last time out he'll be very tough to beat. Elsewhere Driving Snow came back from a long long break to take a small stakes at Indiana Downs last time out, he takes on locals Reb, Giant Oak and the O'Brien trained Black Bear Island (first time lasix) in the Secretariat. You can get 14/1 and 16/1 respectively.

No real interest in the other racing today bar watching my friends horse debut on the Arlington Million undercard :)

This is trickier. I’d want to avoid anything not up to winning. It leaves just Laterly, which has been out of form, Plaisterer (N/R) and Dancourt. Dancourt is likely to be overbet so I’ll probably go for Laterly (40s in places) for a bit of value.

Decent return. Covered me for the day with a couple of bets still to come.

Yorgunnabelucky will be the bet. He disappointed last time but soft ground probably didn’t suit. Last weekend the yard’s Eastern Aria bounced back from a disappointing run after spreadeagling some decent markers and this Galileo can do likewise having won by no less than16 lengths easing down on his penultimate start. With Richard Hills booked, it looks like they intend to ‘start off in front and keep improving their position’.

The selection doesn't run. Hills jumps on to the stable mate and makes all. Hrrumphh.

Yes, and proved to be another good shout from Pricewise. Duncan is a shadow of the horse that looked to be going places in the spring.

I thought that the Coronation Cup was a messy race and that Duncan was flattered a bit by his finishing position. He was fierce impressive in lesser company before that though.

The CC was a messy race but the fact he got close against that level of oppositon off a slow pace led me to believe he had close to G1 pace at the business end, which I thought would have been good enough here.

Back