Saturdays Racing

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Best to get this thread up early. An exciting days racing but one really strong fancy for me tomorrow.

Tell Massini - romped home on his rules debut at Chepstow by 17 lengths from a subsequent winner (rated 130) and followed that up with an impressive success over Reve De Sivola (rated 145) with subsequent winner Bobby Ewing and previous winner Quentin Collonges both well beaten in behind. Contrast this with the form of the second in The Minack who was a ready winner of an Exeter novices race over two 106 rated rivals one of whom has been beaten since. I'm not even convinced on form that the Nicholls horse should be second favourite given that Lord Generous proves he stays this trip well and has an OR of 130 having beaten the runner-up in Tell Massini's debut by just under two lengths last time out.

Will be very surprised if Tell Massini gets beat and rate Lord Generous as the main danger - for that reason I'll be backing the former and placing him with the latter in a reverse forecast.

Hopefully the Nicholls hype will guarantee a better forecast dividend :)

Is Sky's The Limit a pricewise selection or is he a serious punt? Cut right across the boards this evening.

Great special from Celtic Bookmakers this weekend -finish second to a Ruby ridden horse at Cheltenham and they will refund your win only single to a max of 300 euro.
Cashpoint day tomorrow.

Some smashing races today.

I think Poquelin will win the chase. I've taken Mount Oscar each-way at what I beliee are ridiculous odds. I reckon that form with Pasco is shit hot. Atouchbetweenacara will probably improve enough to get into the places, maybe enough to win. Chapo could still be anything. Sky's The Limit, Jayo and Razor Royale strike me as likely to win decent prizes soon. All in all, I can't remember a more competitive renewal and I suspect the form will be worth following, especially since the handicapper has, in my opinion, not rated the race a month ago as all that hot. I think he's seriously wrong.

I'll be surprised and disappointed but not shocked if Celestial Halo loses. I really think Khyber Kim is the one to be on 'without the fav'. I'm convinced the Greatwood was very strong form.

Hard to see anything troubling Zaynar in the hurdle.

I'll probably punt Benfleet Boy in the h'cap hurdle at Doncaster and Briery Fox in the h'cap chase.

General Tufto looks a good bet at around 3/1 in the 3.30 at Southwell. He's looked to be finding his way back to form on his last 2 starts, and looked like giving the thriving Shadows Lengthen a race in the week, going as well as that horse turning in but not seeing the race out so well as that relentless galloper. Twice a winner over course and distance, and 6 lb lower than when last successful, not sure why he's as much bigger as he is than the Johnston favourite. Admittedly she found the 6f too sharp last time and 1m looks more her trip, but she didn't travel particularly well when she won over 7f here last month and was well suited by the leaders coming back to her.

What an impressive beast SHADOWS LENGTHEN is! Fantastic winning run and what a stride on him. Pure pleasure to watch yesterday but I may make up for an ill-advised £5 e/w (on another) yesterday by punting your suggestion, DJ. It all makes sense - what could possibly go wrong? :confused:

I wasn't gonna have a bet in the Boylesports but if Chapoturgeon drifts too much because of the jockey change I might get involved.

Happy enough with the 11/2 I got about Poquelin this morning. Have to assume Mount Oscar found this coming too soon after Newbury but don't lose faith with him.

Liked how the winner done that. Ryanair will be a decent race this year

I'd be against both Tranquil Sea and Poquelin in the race. They've both put in nice performances in their handicaps but I think both races were quite poor really. The quality of the top weights (Gwanako ffs) and the placed horses suggests this.

That's fair enough Euro. They are both young horses on the way up though and won their relevant handicaps well.. I think TS in particular has alot more to come in his second year chasing

I'll be surprised and disappointed but not shocked if Celestial Halo loses. I really think Khyber Kim is the one to be on 'without the fav'. I'm convinced the Greatwood was very strong form.

That makes up for Harry Trucker not winning the Greatwood. KK and Medermit were first and third in the Greatwood and have run very similarly today. It will be very interesting to see where they go next with harry Trucker. If I owned him I'd be putting him away for the TGT. I'll be watching to see if the handicapper reassess him in the light of today's race.

Thanks Granger - was a cracking bet and couldn't believe he was such a price.

Couldn't have seen the outsider running such a big race in the grade so quite unlucky not to cop a forecast too and The Minack ran as I expected him to and started at the expected price too.

Martin

Back