Saturday's Thoughts

Tout Seul

Senior Jockey
After a disastrous week of betting on poor horses in poor races I need to rebuild the Ascot pot. I have therefore spent a long time going over the handicaps today.
Too little time to spell out the full reasoning but the following are my thoughts for the day. Not tips but suggestions for a good look.

York. 2.50 Granston . good nick,very unlucky LTO.

3.25 Hamish McGonagall. McEvoy!
Striking Spirit
Ancien Regime
The last two as dangers, F/c candidates.

5.05 Baltimore Jack- my main hope for a big return
Danger Castles in the Air. St F/c.

Sandown 4.15 Equuleus Pictor
Gwilym ew shock.

Edit. Forgot Charlevoix in 4.40 Bath. Also see that Pricewise has gone for Hamish, thankfully put most of my bets on last night.

I've done two Placepots today in an effort to build a better pot - having like TS frittered away a bit this week betting on silly races I should have left alone .... The big wins last weekend rather went to my head!

From TS's selection I agree with - None!! :what:
Well we can't both be right..... For those races I've done

York.
2.50 Tanweer [may do a RFCT with Granston]

3.25 Fathsta e/w, also a RFCT with Ancien Regime

5.05 Harrison George - agreed the danger is Castles in the Air: RFCT
Bel Cantor would be interesting for the Tri, but it might be too firm for him today

Sandown
4.15 Played safe here, and gone for Wibbadune and Tom's Laughter in my PP.
Prob do a FCT if the prices justify

My other main bet of the day is an e/w on LINDORO in the 2nd at Sandown, I got 8/1 [also a win at 9.4 on BF] - but he's come in quite a bit now in the offices

I've done Striking Spirit as well in the big sprint handicap.

Also, Free Offer in the 2.50 York and Lady Grace in the 3.05 Sandown.

More in hope than expectation.

I'm having a very quiet day.

I took 12/1 Re Barolo this morning. I just think it's lobbed in on its AW form. They made an excuse for it last time and its only other turf run was on unsuitably soft.

I also noticed Mark J had a few in the other handicap with higher ratings at the 5-day stage and has left in Casa Catalina with Joe Fanny (usually a negative but hopefully reforming) up. I couldn't get into my Spb account this morning - no idea why - while it was still available at 66/1 so had to settle for 40s ew (to minimal stakes) with Boylesports, who at least were offering a 'best price' guarantee.

Haven't got into the mood for Royal Ascot yet.

Hate to inform you Heads but Tanweer has been leading everything at home and has had some hard gallops, I wouldn't want to be backing a yard lead horse in that type of hcp

Adversity impressed with Heaven Sent on Wednesday and looks banker material today. (2.30 Sandown)

Also backing Romantic Queen (7.15) tonight, highly impressive matching strides with Prowl on Wednesda morning.

Concentrated on the handicaps and missed the 2009 Triumph hurdle winner running at York(4.00). Black Jacari. Was expected to sluice up LTO and could well win again.

Agree with you about Black Jackari Tout,already Alan King has been talking of him taking the Katchit/Franchoek route over hurdles.

Had a tip for that elsewhere and had a good place bet on! :luv:

I've had a go at Black Jacari too...

Post race - all principals v disappointing there. Well done to John Hills & Fast Eddie

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Jun 14 2008, 12:33 PM
I also noticed Mark J had a few in the other handicap with higher ratings at the 5-day stage and has left in Casa Catalina with Joe Fanny (usually a negative but hopefully reforming) up. I couldn't get into my Spb account this morning - no idea why - while it was still available at 66/1 so had to settle for 40s ew (to minimal stakes) with Boylesports, who at least were offering a 'best price' guarantee.
Ooo, for half a furlong there I thought I might be on to something...

Still, two bets: one 12/1 (-r4) winner and a 40/1 place.

I've had worse days :)

Back