Scenic Blast and J J The Jet Plane, Newmarket Gallops

uncle goober

At the Start
Lurking around on the heath this morning I was able to to take cover behind some trees adjacent to the Al Bahathri gallop for some illicit work watching. As luck would have it, up came Kings Stand Stakes hopeful SCENIC BLAST ridden by his trainer.
3194002Newmarket11Jun09ScenicBlast.jpg

What were the chances of that happening?

3194003Newmarket11Jun09ScenicBlast.jpg

finalising their stinking foreign plans right under my nose they were

3194004Newmarket11Jun09ScenicBlast.jpg

the son of ex Dewhurst dead-heater Scenic was able to complete his work before I ducked back behind the tree unspotted

3194005Newmarket11Jun09ScenicBlast.jpg

oh yeah think they're so clever
but they cant even cross the road without me knowing about it

3194006Newmarket11Jun09ScenicBlast.jpg

Hang on, whats this ?! Its only J J The Jet Plane sneaking onto the July Course at 730 in the morning.

3194007Newmarket11Jun09JJTheJetPlan.jpg

From my position in the airconditioning vent I espied Jockey Club security about to unleash his guard dogs on the J J team.

3194010Newmarket11Jun09JJTheJetPlan.jpg

Too late though, he's got away with it
3194012Newmarket11Jun09JJTheJetPlan.jpg

Scumbags!

3194014Newmarket11Jun09JJTheJetPlan.jpg

Last edited:
Very good :lol:

It's a real shame about Overdose; JJ The Jet Plane vs Sacred Kingdom is shaping up to be special.

Great pictures. They had Dan Morton on the TVN Racing Channel last night with Bruce Clarke, who does all the media commentary for the channel. The horse looks an absolute treat, and he is very happy with the way he has settled in. Dan Morton and Joe Janiak were going to work Scenic Blast and Takeover Target together in morning works, but decided against it because the elder statesman (and god bless his soul honestly) gets too keen in his work.

Dan is also having a great run in Australia at the moment. His other top horse, Scenic Shot, won the Brisbane and Doomben Cups over the winter carnival. We don't hear much of this trainer as we should because he is based out of Perth on the West Coast. Being that it is so isolated, and takes up to 6 hours to get across to the Eastern seaboard.

Back