Scots National

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
I don`t normally bother with this race, but Halcon Genelardais participation this year makes it a fascinating renewal with only three running in the handicap proper

I`m very much a Ferdy Murphy man in Handicap Chases and he says of Noir et Vert

We didn`t have a year off, we have saved him especially for this race.
We thought he was just getting used to the easy life so we gave him a run at Cheltenham but he ran a blinder and finished fourth. We`ve laid him out for this race and we are happy with him.

I`m not going mad as he`s ten pound wrong but he`s worth a little win and place.

I had a tenner on the winner at 160 on betfair-unfortunately I traded out of half the bet.Still 800 profit for a horse I had never heard of before today.Thanks to my brother and Matt Williams.

Good stuff Luke....had absolutely no interest in the race and judging by the thread not many people on here did!

I was very interested, as a few horses or yards I follow were involved - but with the handicap so skewed it wasn't sensible imo to have a bet! Glad I didn't....... Horse looks a monster, I'm tempted to have an antepost for the 2009 GN, someone stop me please :rolleyes:

Half way round Luke was when I first picked him up travelling the strongest of the lot and reckon he could have been called the winner from the last 10F out quite comfortably. To be honest, I didn't know his name and the Ch4 commentator (Machin?) was very slow to realise that he was the one that was cruising, tucked in just behind about 6th with a double handful under restraint. I merely turned to some one and said "this thing in the green and white with the blaze is pi$$ing this"" not having a clue the name of the horse I'd identified, or what price he was. :angy: Had I been fully aware I suppose I might have attempted an in running bet.

Mind you, I did call the Greenham winner after 2F :dork: so perhaps I ought to remind myself that a stopped clock tells the time right once a day, rather than suddenly entertain delusions that I've miraculously developed race reading skills, hitherto kept under wraps.

He finished like a flat horse. Bizarre to see something running that quickly after 4+ miles.

He was tanking the whole way.I know its greedy but my thinking for the last mile was ffs I should be getting a 5 figure touch from this one.

I'd never heard of him either but he finished like he had been dropped in on the last circuit. I thought it was bizarre.

Back