Sea The Stars, rating

SteveM

At the Start
Sea The Stars has been officially rated 124 for the Derby, the same as New Approach last year.

Fame And Glory is 120, with Masterofthehorse and RVW on 119.

i'm happy with that, sectional times pointed to 126..but I can't quibble over a couple of lbs with only using a stopwatch to work em out :lol:

They said they expected him to finish the season on a higher mark, especially if dropped back to 10 furlongs. You wouldn't want to argue with that.

He's a really lovely type, but we are fortunate this season in having colts of the quality of Fame And Glory and Irish 2,000 Guineas winner Mastercraftsman, to name but two others.

I'm still not sure who's going to finish up top-rated three-year old. STS is obviously in pole position, but a St James's Palace win for Mastercraftsman, or an Irish Derby win for Fame And Glory, could change that.

It may come down to who can win the Arc or the Champion Stakes again.

...don't joke. They'd have him running in handicaps and finishing out of the frame, if they ran him at all.

No, they wouldn't. He be running in Conditions races, after which he would suffer a 'setback'.:p

Sea The Stars has been officially rated 124 for the Derby, the same as New Approach last year.

I think both were a little on the low side.

What makes it worse is Motivator was given 127 for beating a very, very average horse (mid teens), and a miler who was beaten 3 out.

I think both were a little on the low side.

What makes it worse is Motivator was given 127 for beating a very, very average horse (mid teens), and a miler who was beaten 3 out.

Maybe. You can console yourself with the fact that New Approach finished the season on 130.

Hopefully we won't have to wait as long to see New Approach ridden to his strengths!

Back