Secretariat The Movie!

Aldaniti

At the Start
If it turns out like Seabiscuit then fine, but the word Disney doesn't fill me with confidence :rolleyes:

Diane Lane has been cast in Disney's Secretariat, says Variety.
The film, to be directed by Braveheart writer Randall Wallace, will be based on the life story of Penny Chenery, whose racehorse Secretariat won the 1973 Triple Crown.
Chenery, dubbed the "first lady of racing", entered the sport when she was forced to take over her sick father's horse farm. After his death, she was hit with a multimillion-dollar inheritance tax charge but was able to save the farm and see Secretariat take the Triple Crown.
Mike Rich (The Nativity Story) has written the screenplay for Secretariat

Mike Rich also wrote The Rookie (the baseball movie, not the Clint Eastwood film!) which was fairly solid as feel-good sports movies go. Randall Wallace is a bit of a hack, though.

They'll probably do something ridiculous to the story like having him win the Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths.

wirl_hp.jpg

Striking similarity.

wirl_cw.jpg

On the same page as I found a picture of yer one they had a picture of Charlotte Weber who, apparently did something great in racing in the states. No prizes for guessing who's going to play her if they make a film.

245200.jpg

Susan Boyle will presumably play Dorothy Paget whenever they get round to making The Golden Miller Story.

I've had a little thing for Diane Lane since The Outsiders. :whistle:

Back