Settling Formulae

walsworth

Journeyman
I'm always amazed at how many people that have been betting for years have no idea how to work out their return on multiple bets. I started betting at a late age and I immediately wanted to find out if I was being ripped off (I used to find winners then!). I found formulae in various books etc. and sure enough, the settler in my local shop never seemed to notice non-runners in multiple bets. It was a local estate shop so he knew all the customers and who would know what's what and who would be grateful for any return. If you did point it out to him he would amend the slip and give you the correct money.
As an example I had done a 10p Heinz, & got 5 winners and a NR. He gave me £80 pound odd, with the non runner taken into account it came £140 odd! How many people would have been happy to pick up £80 for an outlay of £5.70?

These are the formulae that I use:

Change all odds to decimals

Accumulator
Add 1 point to each winner.
Multiply results together.
Multiply by stake.

Patent or Lucky 15
Add 2 points to each winner.
Subtract 1.
Multiply by stake.

Yankee
As above but minus the Singles.
Add one point to each winner, add them all up, multiply by the stake & subtract from the return for a Lucky 15.

Round Robin (2 Winners)
Subtract 1.
Multiply by stake to = Answer “1”
Multiply each winner by 2 x stake & add together = Answer “2”
Total return = Answer “1” + Answer “2

Round Robin (3 Winners)
Subtract 1.
Multiply by stake to = Answer “1”
Multiply each winner by 3 x stake & add together = Answer “2”
Multiply stake by 3 = Answer “3”
Total return = Answer “1” + Answer “2” + Answer “3”

for the really decent wins I enjoy working it out in my head more....not that often that my brain gets a decent workout mind.

Back