Sha Tin

betsmate

At the Start
Archipenko runs in the QEII over 10f after an impressive performance in the Dubai Duty Free.

Nice job by de Kock. I was wondering if he could repeat it with Eagle Mountain but he appears to have gone missing.

Just saw the replay on ATR. Really impressive how he shot away from the pack in the straight.

Archipenko , nice win, does not stop improving since changing hands, Ballydoyle should not be very happy after seeing this run.
He was also a little bit unlucky at Dubau.

Good Ba Ba , looks the best miler around at the moment, I would like to see him in Europe this season.

Serious error from someone at Ballydoyle - who would be in charge of such decisions?

Seems very strange to me they sold Archipenko and Eagle Mountain, yet kept slowcoaches like MacArthur, Mahler and Honolulu despite being already well represented in the staying division with Yeats and Septimus.

Also, surely horses that could potentially win at 12 furlongs or under are more attractive, and whilst i understand the potential for NH stallions, these are not comparable in earnings potential, and also it seems as things presently stand, Coolmore have more than enough of these.

Unless you know how much they were sold for, it's impossible to know whether it was a good or bad decision.

Archipenklo and yellowstone where probably expected to kick on after they both ran well in the Derby trial (first and second respectively)They didn't and while Yellowstone has continued to slide archipenko seems to be ejoying the sun on his back.

It is possible that the horse was sold but a certain percentage of breeding rights may have remained.

Sometimes a good one gets away. If this did not happen it would be very difficult to sell any of them for decent money.

Sligo Bay is another they had and sold him off. He later won a G1 and is at stud in the States somewhere.

Good point about the breeding rights Powerscourt…that has been the case before.

Also this Group 1 does not suddenly make him the type of horse Coolmore would want. Now if he came back and won the Prince Of Wales Stakes that would be a different matter.

As a son of Kingmambo out of a daughter of Special ( full Sister to Thatch. Dam of NUREYEV, FAIRY BRIDGE and NUMBER. Granddam of Fairy King, Hermitage, Tate Gallery, Perugino, Chequer, Numerous and champion sire SADLER'S WELLS )
he has to be a hot ticket at stud if he does return to this part of the World and win a grp 1.

Don't remember Coolmore doing it but the Aga Khan did it with Daylami (hence Godolphin ran him in the Arc on ground he hated).

Back