Sha Tin

Ivantheterrible

At the Start
Off to HK on Thursday next week. Not been since late 80s when I took in a night meet at Happy Valley.

Thinking of losing the Missus in Mong Kok on the Sunday and heading up to Sha Tin.

Anyone been? What's the sp with transport these days?

Any useful info welcome.

Last edited:
Not related to the racing Ivan but they have a great process for checking luggage in when flying back out nowadays. There's a check in building in the center of the city, not far from Central station so you can take your suitcases there in the morning and you don't see them again until after your flight. It means you can spend the final day sans luggage and just jump on the train to the airport when you're ready.

I didn't make it out to Sha Tin myself unfortunately.

Went to Sha Tin Valley a few years back and personally preferred it for the racing though it doesn't match the atmosphere of HV. Easy to get to from Hong Hum MTR Station or Kowloon Tong Station (travel to Racecourse station) on the Kowloon side, and the track is 5 minutes walk from the station.
Last time I went I had a meal with it, which I think you can book on the website. But if you are on your own you may not want that.

Last edited:
Back