Shocks At Ludlow

• Thread starter Thread starter useful
  • Start date Start date
U

useful

Some remarkable results at Ludlow today. 80/1 and 33/1 winners, plus the supposed 4/6 banker turned over by 12/1 and 28/1 shots.

I find Ludlow an impossible track to make any money on. In principle its easy-ish fences and flat nature should lend itself to being a fair track for punters but in my experience it is harder to find winners there than Towcester in the depths of winter!

Anyone else find this?

I got a winner MATUHI [backed last night at 4.6 or something] and a place on Nakoma, also a nice e/w on In Vino - I found that one looking for something to bet e/w against the two market leaders who were silly prices. Everything else was double figs, and I noticed that on PP he was coming in ever since opening prices, so thought someone must fancy him - everything else was drifting out! I prob came out of the meeting about evens, but yes, it's very hard to find winners there, esp as some small local trainers use it and can spring a surprise, as today.

One thing to remember is that Choc Thornton has never had a winner there, not sure if that's because of the class of horse AK sends... But I always back against his short priced favs there

Meanwhile WELL DONE IAN R!!
A wonderful 2nd from his horse FAL AGH BAGH at 33/1 - wish I'd done a fun forecast with Matuhi :D
Hope you had a great day Ian

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jan 28 2008, 08:04 PM
One thing to remember is that Choc Thornton has never had a winner there, not sure if that's because of the class of horse AK sends... But I always back against his short priced favs there
According to the RP database, Choc has ridden a total of 18 winners at Ludlow, although he's drawn a blank in the last three seasons.

Ah, repeating the ill-informed commentary I listened to today, should have checked, thanks for that.
I certainly bore out my own observations but then I only started betting three seasons ago!
Still an odd stat though! AK sure doesn't send his stars there

He has never ridden a winner at Ludlow for Alan King which may have been the stat quoted (or intended) but he's ridden no less than eight runners up from twenty-four rides.

The ride D Crosse gave Rich Nomad in the Stokesay Mares Only Handicap Hurdle at Ludlow was abysmal in my opinion, I did not back it BTW. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rorydelargy@Jan 28 2008, 07:26 PM
He has never ridden a winner at Ludlow for Alan King which may have been the stat quoted (or intended) but he's ridden no less than eight runners up from twenty-four rides.
Further and better particulars :D thanks Rory. I always like to keep in mind stats like these.
I put someone off backing the v short priced King/Choc fav today and he thanked me for it

Just to say that according to the stats,Ludlow is 2nd on the list,percentage wise, for courses where outsiders win a fair share of races,26.8% to be exact.From 82 races in the 06/07 season 22 races were won by horses whose odds were 10/1 or bigger.

I was looking for the outsiders today but the nearest I got was Popcorn Rosie in the handicap hurdle who was agonisingly 5th by a head when 4th would have netted me the place money :angy:

Back