Silent Witness

Grand Armee

At the Start
A friend of mine won an auction which saw all proceeds go to charity. Her prize is a special private afternoon tea at the homestead of Living Legends "The International Home of Rest" with Silent Witness!

I cannot wait as we will also get to meet the rest of the gang including Doriemus, Might And Power, Brew, Rogan Josh, Better Loosen Up, Fields of Omagh etc.

We also will get to go to the races and watch the big jumps race on that same day.

Photos will be posted.

Looking forward to the photos. I think the biggest single bet I've ever had was when he ran in the Hong Kong Sprint one year in his pomp - one of the bookies over here went 11/10 the week before. That was a long week...

Oh my god, what a wonderful prize.
Please give him a very very big kiss from his biggest fan from germany.

My greatest experience ever was a four day trip to Hong Kong to met Silent Witness.
I was invited to watch his last morning work together with his trainer Tony Cruz with whom i philosophized about his horse and his influence in the HK racing.
One day later - his farewell party: a totally emotional moment.
So many people with tears in their eyes, what a big roar as he run down the straight for the last time.

And again my eyes are full of tears ...
Enjoy your day with him and all the other great warriors :luv:

I honestly cannot wait. My friend told me the other day she wanted me to come along, as she knew how much I LOVED him!

There will be may pats, hugs and of course kisses. We all get to his lead rope too in individual pictures!!!

How is Might & Power now? I remember reading that he was very ill with colic I think a couple of years back shrug::

Yeah Power is going good guns now A. He was on his deathbed 3 years ago. But now is looking, supposedly great by all reports. He had a reputation at the races as being something of a nightmare to ride, because he pulled like a train and was supposedly very arrogant. But funnily enough, the animal loved children, and there have been numerous stories of when he used to have his old trainer's grand kids on his back. Here are some pictures of all the horses, all Courtesy of Living Legends:

horses011.jpg

Might And Power with a friend!

horses013.jpg

Might And Power with another friend!

horses006.jpg

Fields of Omagh (left) and Better Loosen Up (right)

horses027.jpg

Might and Power (left) and Doriemus (right)

visitors015.jpg

Might And Power and Jim Cassidy, the man that piloted the horse to win the Melbourne Cup, Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate.

Photos again courtesy of Living Legends:

visitors019.jpg

One of my all time favourites, 1995 Melbourne Cup winner, Doriemus and his former jockey, Greg Hall.

visitors026.jpg

Rogan Josh, winner of the 1999 Melbourne Cup with a young friend.

Those are absolutely fantastic pics GA, thanks so much for posting them up.
Gotta get a kleenex now, I'm blubbing :rolleyes:

What great photos! Love so many of them but really touched by the one of Power :luv: (an all time fav of mine) and his jockey Jim. I love it when the riders take an interest in the horses after retirement. I must have a look at their website.

Thank you so much for sharing these. Cannot wait to see your own.

*sniff* Have a lovely time visiting the veterans. How safe and gentle Might and Power must be - surely the trainer wouldn't have risked his grandchild like that if it were not so.

Back